website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2019

Mkbw50

23 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

If Germany cant get at least a draw against a team like Austria, then they dont deserve to ever again be allowed back to Germany.

Well, AUT played very well today, didn't they? With a little less luck, GER could have been the loser here.

23 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why do they deserve it more than France for example? I think Spain was for example in London, but when was the last time that France qualified?

In my opinion ESP is by far the best technical team and plays the best offensive football - over the entire last decade! France has a way more physical play which I don't enjoy very much - this is not only true for the Under-23 team, but also e.g. for last year's World Cup team.

19 minutes ago, LowerSaxony said:

Well, AUT played very well today, didn't they? With a little less luck, GER could have been the loser here.

In my opinion ESP is by far the best technical team and plays the best offensive football - over the entire last decade! France has a way more physical play which I don't enjoy very much - this is not only true for the Under-23 team, but also e.g. for last year's World Cup team.

1) Austria was ok, of course Germany could have easily won if they would have played at their normal level or if the referee would have been remotely objective.

2) So you would favor Spain to qualify, doesnt mean that they deserve it more ... this word really doesnt apply here. You get what you deserve in sport if the referee is objective. If the referee is objective and you dont qualify, then it is your own fault and you simply didnt deserve anything else.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

1) Austria was ok, of course Germany could have easily won if they would have played at their normal level or if the referee would have been remotely objective.

2) So you would favor Spain to qualify, doesnt mean that they deserve it more ... this word really doesnt apply here. You get what you deserve in sport if the referee is objective. If the referee is objective and you dont qualify, then it is your own fault and you simply didnt deserve anything else.

1) Well, if we only count normal levels, we don't have to play tournaments anymore. AUT figured out the German play very well and made it hard to play the quick forward play we used to see in the first two matches.

2) I like to see the best teams at the OG. Nothing else was meant. Qualification often comes down to one single match where anything can happen ofc. ESP did the best work over past decade and I like to see them rewarded for this. if Ihave the choice, I prefer to see a nice technical forward play.

frankly, France don't deserve at all to be among the 4 semifinalists...:finger:

they've just been lucky (especially vs ENG in their opening game), but they're playing worse than most of the other teams in this championship...

on the other side, congrats to Romania, the real positive surprise of the tournament...