website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2019

Mkbw50

12 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I don't get why anyone would care about olympic qualification in men's football. The top players won't be released by the clubs. It's likely that not even the top players of this tournament (played in June) would be allowed to play in Tokyo (in August, so in pre-season).

Everyone except Japan will be there with their C u23 team.

for Italy...because it's a big chance to get a medal...and we need to catch all we can, if we want to keep ourselves in the top 10 of the final medal standings (skateboarding, rhytmic gymnastics and so on included, even if I don't enjoy those medals as I don't watch those "sports")...

28 minutes ago, dareza said:

But at least we had chance It is really impressive that small country like Serbia had/has so many chances to qualify in team sports (men's and women's basketball, men's and women's volleyball, men's and women's handball and men's waterpolo + we had in men's football). Talented nation for team sports.

I've always wondered what's the secret behind Serbian successes in team sports. There must be something else besides talent...

1 minute ago, LDOG said:

Olympics are meaningless for men's football. Nobody cares, not FIFA, not the best players, not the federations.  London was the last semi-serious tournament, Rio was a complete joke already, Tokyo I don't want to imagine. The clubs have become too powerful and they are more greedy than ever before.

Sure, those kids that go and play will care. However us as spectators or fans.... I'm not sure it's even worth watching in such conditions.

I don't disagree that FIFA and the clubs are ruining the Olympic football (well, men's) and there's no doubt that I barely watch any other football than the matches before the Opening, but for me the symbol that we have a team there is something I care about (maybe that's mainly before we're not really able to in other team sports than handball and football). Also I'm not quite sure that I agree. Several Danish players showed interest for the Olympics, but weren't allowed by their teams. Maybe that's the culture here in Denmark unlike others. Even in some secondary tournament where many profiles aren't given permission to play, it's huge to represent the national team and for me it's fantastic to be represented.

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see the men's Olympic football either changed or removed, but as long as it's there, I'll be hoping for a Danish (and/or Swedish) team

3 minutes ago, zob79 said:

I've always wondered what's the secret behind Serbian successes in team sports. There must be something else besides talent...

Well, the main secret: good coaches, especially in basketball and volleyball. Every year we get at least three big stars. There is crises in handball,but women's team finally looks good and we hope that they will be inTokyo.