website statistics

[POLL] Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

Vojthas

Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

• Yes, the Olympic Movement cannot ignore the voice of youth
    • No, it's against the tradition of sport

11 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Exactly the kind of arguments that an "e-sport" (or poker, or billard, or whatever) fan would would use for an olympic inclusion. Something you apparently were against. Jeez....

Since when billiard and poker players need quick reflexes?

And last time I checked computer mouse didn't weigh 4 kilos...

#banbestmen

il y a 35 minutes, dcro a déclaré:

Since when billiard and poker players need quick reflexes?

And last time I checked computer mouse didn't weigh 4 kilos...

My god, you're such an happy tedious follow....

Drop the part between () then, the point remains @Vojthas was arguing for shooting using the exact same words an e-sport fan would argue. The irony.

My only point: shooting  is used by the various 'sports' that recquires little to no athletic skills (e-sport, poker, bridge, billard, pétanque, etc.) as an exemple why they they souldn't be left out from the olympics for this reason alone. Something that couldn't have been better highlighted by @Vojthas comment

IMHO, this is an issue that should be resolved by the IOC, either by cutting the sport from the Olympics or by singling out shooting as some kind of an historic exception that no oher 'sports' should look for as an exemple.

Anyone could disagree with that, but FFS, don't single out a part of a sentance just to make a shitty argument.

Edited by De_Gambassi

7 minutes ago, rybak said:

1 against 19 so far, not surprise at all :d Big NO for E-sports in Olympics, it's good when you play in home or an game room, but OG? NEVER!

Well, that looks as a solid base for organisation of protest demonstration in Lausanne in case IOC would be stupid enough to try to introduce it to the Olympics. I hope we won't have to.

5 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, that looks as a solid base for organisation of protest demonstration in Lausanne in case IOC would be stupid enough to try to introduce it to the Olympics. I hope we won't have to.

They added mixed 4x400m in athletics so anything is possible these days :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

I'm the only one here who thinks eSports should go to the Olympics. I think what I find kinda silly is the fact that so many people are so strongly against adding it. It's not like the IOC is forcing you guys to watch eSports if it's added. If eSports do get added they would most likely be adding fifa and madden possibly the eSports with the least amount of viewership and money. 

3 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

I'm the only one here who thinks eSports should go to the Olympics. I think what I find kinda silly is the fact that so many people are so strongly against adding it. It's not like the IOC is forcing you guys to watch eSports if it's added. If eSports do get added they would most likely be adding fifa and madden possibly the eSports with the least amount of viewership and money. 

I'm not strongly against it, I have an open mind on it hence why I didn't vote. If I saw some tournaments and e-sports could show to me that it is firstly watchable as a spectator friendly sport and had a variety of different game skills and types (not just shooters and FIFA) then I could live with it. I think now is too soon but I am no more against e-sports than adding horrible mixed relays and such for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I'm not strongly against it, I have an open mind on it hence why I didn't vote. If I saw some tournaments and e-sports could show to me that it is firstly watchable as a spectator friendly sport and had a variety of different game skills and types (not just shooters and FIFA) then I could live with it. I think now is too soon but I am no more against e-sports than adding horrible mixed relays and such for the sake of it.

Yes, most eSports games you need to play to be able to understand it as a first time spectator so I think right now the IOC has only 1 viable game that could be added that is both not violent and spectator friendly. 

16 minutos atrás, Rdbc disse:

Instead of watching someone play virtual football, why not watch real people play real football? It's already part of the Olympics, anyway.

I can see people playing games like League of Legends and maybe Counter Strike, since these are multiplayer co-op titles, but I still think there is no place at the Olympics for games. It takes a lot of skill to do something like Daigo did at that Street Fighter III match, but I can't see how well this would adapt to the Olympics.

Esport are not spectators friendly at all if you didn't grew up playing video games (and, even then, LoL is something not noob-friendly at all)

Besides, you have to remember , that the people who are calling the shots are in their 60s or 70s. There might be a reason why skateboarding was included 20 or 30 after it explodes.

Besides (x2), IIRC, the olympic sports program will be the same until 2024 except for additional sporst, and I realy don't see the Paris OC going for ESport (lack of available venue, and much better proposition from other sports). It will be 2028 at the sooner (hopefully never).