website statistics

[POLL] Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

Vojthas

Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

• Yes, the Olympic Movement cannot ignore the voice of youth
    • No, it's against the tradition of sport

btw, the ioc is the one to blame here. They opened the door for this shit when they recognised billard as a proper sport (at the end of the 90's IIRC).

IOC should simply arbitrary state that no sport that recquires little to no athletics abilities should be part of the olympic program (juste like they do with motor sports). Period. Shooting beeing a kind of historical abnormality.

Edited by De_Gambassi

22 minutes ago, LDOG said:

No.

For the simple reason that games are made and owned by companies.

That's the main reason why I'd vote no, indeed.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Of course no... I don't understand what IOC trying to reach by slowly destroying Olympics with new/trendy/progressive (and other nonsense words they used) events and sports

(although I don't want to call video games as a sport) introduced to the games. Pus - again this would decrease the number of athletes per traditional sports ... Or maybe let's just cancel the games completely and IOC will be live streaming players from around the world playing Olympics simulator on Twitch....

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I'm happy too, but I think you wrote it in wrong thread ;)

Hahaha :d yeah I actually want to reply on point but then I had to leave my tablet for a bit and when I return I did not notice this is not volleyball thread  :wall:

So on point nów :d I don't think they should allow e-sport at the OG Simply because tbh the definition of sport - for me is physical challenge. What next - Poker? Blackjack? Russian Roulette? 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk