website statistics

[POLL] Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

Vojthas

Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like E-Sports to be contested at the Olympic Games?

• Yes, the Olympic Movement cannot ignore the voice of youth
    • No, it's against the tradition of sport

il y a 8 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

even if I care about "tradition", my opinion about E-Sports and the Olympics has nothing to do with that...

it's just that those are NOT sports activities and therefore shouldn't even be counted nor recognized by the IOC. Point. :evil:

And why do you believe we consider (I agree btw) that e-sport is no sport and should not be part of the olympics, if not because of tradition ? :d

Edited by De_Gambassi

Shooting isn't very athletic yet no one is trying to remove it from the games. Heck, bridge and chess are recognized sports by the IOC so there's no reason why e-sports wouldn't theoretically be recognized.

The main issue is that there is no unifying federation. Different games are rarely played in the same event (with the exception of fighting games and events like EVO).

il y a 2 minutes, JoshMartini007 a déclaré:

Shooting isn't very athletic yet no one is trying to remove it from the games. Heck, bridge and chess are recognized sports by the IOC so there's no reason why e-sports wouldn't theoretically be recognized.

The main issue is that there is no unifying federation. Different games are rarely played in the same event (with the exception of fighting games and events like EVO).

Shooting has been part of the Games since the begininng. History is a criteria for IOC and entering and staying are two differents things all together (ie, if Modern Pentathlon had to bid today to enter the olympics they will never be chosen).

Besides, I've heard many times people saying that shooting should be excluded for that reason (and I'm personnaly not far from agreing with them)

of course not , that's against Olympics' ethics and goals , Olympics and sport in general were made to make a better world , to make Human more healthy that's what's sport is about , so i think these games are totally against these ideas 

Edited by thepharoah

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

And why do you believe we consider (I agree btw) that e-sport is no sport and should not be part of the olympics, if not because of tradition ? :d

Because it's set in the virtual world, making it completely different than anything else (and against tradition). :p

#banbestmen