website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

il y a 11 minutes, mrv86 a déclaré:

Do you know the reason why Tunisian team underperformed yesterday against Chile? I thought they were going to win the tournament easily.

May be they underestimated Chile :mumble:I was also waiting for them to win but I was shocked to see them lose. Even with the victory the chances are low to qualify .
It could happen in case of 3 conditions are met:
- First hope for 3-1 or 3-2 in the :MEX v :CHI !
- Beat :MEX at home  :p which won't be easy at all !
- Wait for a gift from :ALG  v :CHI  which is really complicated :wall:

Well, Chile won a set against Brazil A team last year and I have seen both Chile and Tunisia play vs Argentina recently and to me Chile was stronger. They have two good attacking players (Gevert and Bonacic) that neither Tunisia or Mexico seem to have. Still, Mexico is favorite at home.

Edit: Though Gevert seems to be injured for this tournament.

19 minutos atrás, tuniscof disse:

May be they underestimated Chile :mumble:I was also waiting for them to win but I was shocked to see them lose. Even with the victory the chances are low to qualify .
It could happen in case of 3 conditions are met:
- First hope for 3-1 or 3-2 in the :MEX v :CHI !
- Beat :MEX at home  :p which won't be easy at all !
- Wait for a gift from :ALG  v :CHI  which is really complicated :wall:

Tunisia's best chance is probably hope for a Mexico win today, and beat them tomorrow 3-0. Chile won't lose to Algeria, I think.

3 minutos atrás, LDOG disse:

Well, Chile won a set against Brazil A team last year and I have seen both Chile and Tunisia play vs Argentina recently and to me Chile was stronger. They have two good attacking players (Gevert and Bonacic) that neither Tunisia or Mexico seem have. Still, Mexico is favorite at home.

Based on what I saw in yesterday's matches, I think Chile will win today - but, of course, Mexico counts with the crowd, and this can help them to achieve a victory.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Based on what I saw in yesterday's matches, I think Chile will win today - but, of course, Mexico counts with the crowd, and this can help them to achieve a victory.

In the end, I think the local factor helped Mexico overcome an amazing Chilean side... I'm impressed, I think Chile is growing a lot while Mexico is going once again down, unless they do some serious work from youth level.

1 hora atrás, mrv86 disse:

In the end, I think the local factor helped Mexico overcome an amazing Chilean side... I'm impressed, I think Chile is growing a lot while Mexico is going once again down, unless they do some serious work from youth level.

Congrats for the win! :yes