website statistics

Volleyball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Alexander Markin was tested positive for Meldonium after the match against Germany at the european qualification tournament, this might mean that Russia wont be allowed to play in Rio, so Germany might get a second chance to qualify and France could qualify directly. 

I hope that it wont happen, Russia didnt win because of one doped player and they deserve to be in Rio. We threw away the Olympics in the match against Poland, so we dont really deserve to be in Rio in my opinion. If they find a second russian player who was doped, then Russia will definitely be suspended.

during the european qualifications it was actually legal, so because of this they can't be definitely suspended

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Alexander Markin was tested positive for Meldonium after the match against Germany at the european qualification tournament, this might mean that Russia wont be allowed to play in Rio, so Germany might get a second chance to qualify and France could qualify directly. 

I hope that it wont happen, Russia didnt win because of one doped player and they deserve to be in Rio. We threw away the Olympics in the match against Poland, so we dont really deserve to be in Rio in my opinion. If they find a second russian player who was doped, then Russia will definitely be suspended.

You do deserve the Olympics, just because of the match against Poland and sensational bronze at World Champs. And the anti-doping rules are obvious - if one athlete from the team or in some sports relay is caught, the whole team is disqualified. I don't see the reason why this should be changed.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I do not think that's possible, is it? Anyway, if by chance, accused other players ,Russia should be disqualified.

Edited by hoversaBR

Just now, DaniSRB said:

during the european qualifications it was actually legal, so because of this they can't be definitely suspended

Really? It became illegal at the start of 2016 and the qualification tournament was in January ... :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Vojthas said:

You do deserve the Olympics, just because of the match against Poland and sensational bronze at World Champs. And the anti-doping rules are obvious - if one athlete from the team or in some sports relay is caught, the whole team is disqualified. I don't see the reason why this should be changed.

no... what about Sweden and Lativa in ice hockey in 2014?;)

Just now, Vojthas said:

We are among the 8 best teams in the world, so you could say that we deserve to be in Rio, but everything was on our side (home advantage, we were leading against Poland) and we still managed to finish 4th, so this team obviously didnt have the nerves to do it and therefore doesnt deserve Rio in my opinion.

I think the rule is as like that:

1 doping case: IOC has to decide if they want to suspend the team

2 doping cases: The team has to be suspended

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

We are among the 8 best teams in the world, so you could say that we deserve to be in Rio, but everything was on our side (home advantage, we were leading against Poland) and we still managed to finish 4th, so this team obviously didnt have the nerves to do it and therefore doesnt deserve Rio in my opinion.

I think the rule is as like that:

1 doping case: IOC has to decide if they want to suspend the team

2 doping cases: The team has to be suspended

Of those eight teams, four were exactly the semifinalists of this European qualifying. So a team would have to be out of the Rio, were unfortunately you.  So, I think your team deserves to be in Rio.

2 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I do not think that's possible, is it? Anyway, if by chance, accused other players ,Russia should be disqualified.

Possible? Yes

Realistic? No

I think our only chance would be if a second russian player will get caught.

Suspending Russia would create tons of problems:

Would Bulgaria be allowed to "replay" the semifinal against Germany?

Would Germany be allowed to "replay" the final against France or would France qualify directly? 

This all would be too complicated, so they will probably change nothing, unless a 2nd player gets caught, then they will be forced to act.