website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

Nice jump up the rankings for Hrovat :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

M5MqnXE.png

And now podium, what a day for Hrovat :hyper:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tomorrow Veronika Velez-Zuzulová will compete for the last time in her career in a World Cup race. 

She will participate in two other races this February at the Olympics (Slalom and Team Event) and will very likely end her great career :(

Due long injury she unfortunately lost her place in the top 7 start list, so she will wear BIB 15 tomorrow, she announced that she doesn´t have great expectations about the result tomorrow, it´s already a miracle and huge highly respectable success that she is even able to compete. As she said "I am prepared for something around 80 % right now, but I´ll have 2 more weeks to be ready at best possible for probably my last individual careers race in PyeongChang´s Slalom on that St. Valentine´s day when the Slalom is scheduled."

this huge smile tonight during the BIB draw ceremony in Lenzerheide, when you know that you just did everything (almost the impossible) to compete at the Olympics only 4 months after so severe knee injury and surgery. Bravo Veronika, respect, what a fighter she is !

E4PcHTRXSuq08YI0nIkr9Q.1280~Veronika-Vel

Just now, hckosice said:

looks like Veronika will make it to the 2nd round :) already my personal sports moment of the year :hatoff:

Wait until she beats Vlhova for the gold in Pyeongchang :evil:

Just now, heywoodu said:

Wait until she beats Vlhova for the gold in Pyeongchang :evil:

a tied 1st place between them should be fine for me too :d

Spoiler

impossible ofc..but one of my secret wishes is they will medal together in the last Olympic Saturday, when Veronika will compete for the very last time, it may be one unforgettable emotional day if happen to repeat what they did last world championships...

btw looks we will have the same bracket...again 1st round vs Germany