website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

vor 4 Stunden schrieb phelps:

the Val Gardena Downhill has a long history of winners started with very high numbers...

Markus Foser in 1993 won with #66 (ahead of Werner Franz, AUT with #52), Max Rauffer (GER) in 2004 won with #46...

and they're not the only ones...

Max Rauffer had BIB 13: https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=AL&raceid=33238

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Just for fun, check the rest of his career results...talk about a fluke :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I knew that it couldn't be such a high number, because I remember watching the race. Rauffer set the leading time very early in the race. And then I waited for a very long time (including a long interruption) to see if it would be enough. :p That's why I looked after the BIB.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Janka in Lake Louise DH 2008, 2nd place with Bib 65 ( https://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/results.html?sector=AL&competitorid=70282&raceid=53958) is the podium finish with the highest Bib that I can remember.

Edit: According to an Italian site, the winners with the highest Bib (66) in the WC history are Markus Foser (as said above by phelps) and Katja Koren (Flachau SG 1993)

Edited by Dunadan

Friendly reminder: the World Cup finals start in less than 30 minutes with the men's downhill in Are :)

(Reminder because personally I always tend to forget World Cup competitions that are outside of the weekend/Friday :d)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Dnia 12.03.2018 o 20:48, De_Gambassi napisał:

If anyone wondered, Brice Roger is the higest bib to reach the podium since Hannes Trinkl who won a Super G race in 1993 with bib 51 :woohoo:

Josef Strobl won DH in Val d'Isere 1994 with bib 61. I remember watching that race live on Eurosport since Strobl won a training run and the coverage extended all the way until his run.