website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2017 - 2018

hckošice

1) Womens super-g/downhill is a complete mess this season without Vonn/Fenninger/Gut in top shape. With Vonn, Fenninger, Gut and Weirather in top shape, Shiffrin never would have gotten close to a win. I really hope that those 4 share the 2 golds at the olympics: My dream would be 2 golds for Weirather or 1 gold for Weirather and one for Fenninger.

2) Another great result for Germany in a speed discipline, Dreßen is really becoming someone to be reckoned with. Germany has already one win (Ferstl in super-g), one third place (Dreßen in downhill) and now one 5th place, all of those results were completely unthinkable even 12 months ago. This is especially promising, because Dreßen still is relatively young (compared to Jansrud, Svindal, Feuz, Fill and so on).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Miklos had pretty scary fall at the end. She misses the gate and seconds after she felt down hard at finish line. It looked like she was unconsciuos moments after. She injured her knee and was transported to hospital. Men's DH was kinda safe. Few falls, Kernern-S bites again. And also, as always, there was somebody with fall at last chicane. Skier with 59, I've forgot his name :d Videos tommorow after ladies' DH

vor 22 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Cool, first ever top 30 for the former WJC bronze medalist Elias Kolega. :d

This has probably secured his place on the Olympic team. Good luck!

I am really curious whom they will nominate 

currently it is 3 spots for 5 candidates 

probably it will be 4 spots. 

I think I would leave Natko home, but I think he is for sure in. Currently it looks bad for Rodes. 

4 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I am really curious whom they will nominate 

currently it is 3 spots for 5 candidates 

probably it will be 4 spots. 

I think I would leave Natko home, but I think he is for sure in. Currently it looks bad for Rodes. 

Well, 5th place is actually not that far behind 4th on the allocation list. And also we'll have to see what happens with those combined races. Only 2 best count for qualification, so a lot of potential for improvement next week.

But yeah, Natko should be the 5th I think.

#banbestmen