website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2017

bestmen

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Ooh, I did not expect Kinderis to take a medal :thumbup: He has been struggling a little bit after his 2013 success, so it's really nice to see him competitive again :)

so he is only good in post Olympic year :p

6 minutes ago, dareza said:

so he is only good in post Olympic year :p

Well, he's always been good, it's just been a long run of top 15's, which I wouldn't see as success for an athlete of his calibre. I'd say his golden age was 2009-13 and then he had a fall in form.

Edited by Werloc

5 hours ago, Bearas said:

7th medal for Kinderis in World Championships. :clap: Did expect one medal from Laura (especially after fencing today), but this one from Kinderis was a little bit of a surprise. :yes

You've got bronze of Justinas, I guess Laura will get silver, if they start together in mixed they might get gold as they did in 2014 in Warsaw.

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

It's safe to say that swimming is the discipline that changes nothing in modern pentathlon.

Especially since last year's UIPM Congress decided to change the value of one swimming second - it's now two points (previously three points). You can see it during qualifications - when A group starts with fencing, the classification doesn't change a lot after swimming, when group B starts with swimming the classification changes dramatically after fencing.

And another interesting thing - Poland with silver in team. With no athletes in TOP 15. And only 7 points of loss to golden Egypt, who had Hamad in 4th and Hamed in 6th. Koreans with only two finalist (third result taken to count from qualifications) with bronze.

Tomorrow my fingers crossed for Maliszewska, but I hope Földházi get something individually at last - in last few years she had many injuries and had very few chances to win something, but she is really talented (she won her Senior ECH gold before Junior WCH gold in 2013).

kind of frustrated of not winning medal , we could have easily won bronze , if we did clear rounds in Equestrian which we were supposed to do , especially when playing with our horses  , but overall 5th and 7th places + teams gold for 2nd year in a row are not bad at all , btw watch out for Ahmed Hamed , this guy is only 20 and he's a very good sprinter , good shooter and he's good fencing also , he participated here just one week after junior wch where he placed 4th , he's really bad in swimming , but Swimming doesn't really matter in this sport , so i think this guy can do much better than 7th place here and i hope it's just the start