website statistics

Tennis US Open 2017

hckošice

So many matches today. My personal favorites to follow: Chung-Isner, Coric-Zverev, Tsonga-Shapovalov on the men's side; on the women's Wozniacki-Makarova since I hope for an upset, but H2H and Wozniacki's results at the Open definitely favors the Dane, but I'd say Makarova found her form during the US Open series. Vondrousova-Kuznetsova (curious to see how Marketa is going to perform against Slam champion and in what physical and mental condition she is after such a number of matches in the first half of the year and recent (minor) injuries), Zhuk-Putintseva (I am yet to see how Zhuk is playing, but again, the match won't be streamed it seems), Kontaveit-Safarova, Kvitova-Cornet (upset alert :cry:), Stephens-Cibulkova. Well, that's all. I hope I'll catch two or three of them :d

I hope Federer and Nadal won't be in the final four; a GS semifinals with new names would be amazing for ATP. My heart is all for Dimitrov-Kyrgios and Zverev-Shapovalov :d

Edited by Wanderer

I have to say I'm really happy to see my peers doing well on the men's side of the draw :d

Shapovalov proved that he had no business playing the qualies and completely outplayed Tsonga, who is always a dangerous opponent no matter what form he's in. Borna finally realised that defensive play would bring him nowhere and finally started playing with controlled aggression, which ultimately paid off. OTOH, it's such a pity that Nick injured himself during the match, but I'm sure he'll bounce back at the very next tournament. Another thing I didn't like was the draw - Tiafoe put up a brave fight against Roger and would've easily won against most opponents in the draw, as well as Zverev and probably Medvedev (who lost to Shapovalov). Kyle Edmund is also playing well this week and will  face Denis in R3. Fritz managed to win against Baghdatis and will face Thiem for the spot in R3.

Grigor may be slightly older that mentioned players, but he's still relatively young, and I'm really glad to see him playing consistently well. Eh, almost forgot to mention that Pouille is also doing well for the standards he set this year (nothing to be proud of, frankly). Hopefully he reaches R4 at least.

Edited by Майкл

6 hours ago, Майкл said:

I have to say I'm really happy to see my peers doing well on the men's side of the draw :d

Shapovalov proved that he had no business playing the qualies and completely outplayed Tsonga, who is always a dangerous opponent no matter what form he's in. Borna finally realised that defensive play would bring him nowhere and finally started playing with controlled aggression, which ultimately paid off. OTOH, it's such a pity that Nick injured himself during the match, but I'm sure he'll bounce back at the very next tournament. Another thing I didn't like was the draw - Tiafoe put up a brave fight against Roger and would've easily won against most opponents in the draw, as well as Zverev and probably Medvedev (who lost to Shapovalov). Kyle Edmund is also playing well this week and will  face Denis in R3. Fritz managed to win against Baghdatis and will face Thiem for the spot in R3.

Grigor may be slightly older that mentioned players, but he's still relatively young, and I'm really glad to see him playing consistently well. Eh, almost forgot to mention that Pouille is also doing well for the standards he set this year (nothing to be proud of, frankly). Hopefully he reaches R4 at least.

Shapovalov is a beast :cheer: The only thing that baffles me is he comes to the net so smoothly, naturally and yet his volleys are laughable :d He has to work on volleys definitely. Very, very exciting player to watch and cheer for.

I really hope Nick will show his talent in Australia, avoiding injures and going mentol :d 

Not sure if you noticed but Tiafoe lost to much deciding sets recently. His choking abilities shouldn't be underrated -.- 

Coric winning against Zverev was really surprising given their recent form and overall development. I hoped Sascha could live up his seeding but... Maybe next time. Overall, very poor Slam results for Zverev this year.

And Grisha.... He has a shot to the title, but if he avoids Federer. He cannot beat his idol and A version of himself :d

Women's draw: biggest surprise for me was Petra winning. After some shitty matches this summer, she finally managed to score two wins in a row. Garcia will be tough challenge, and we know how Petra can go up and down, so I again expect some mess and loss at the end.

Makarova :hearts: Stephens :cheer: Aleks :cheer: Vekic :woot:

Great tournament so far (regardless of the quality of the matches :d)

Berdych lost, Dimitrov lost, Federer is struggling against Youzhny, Wozniacki lost, Gavrilova lost, what will happen as next? I'm happy that Del Potro survived his match today, I hope that Aga will beat Putintseva too...