website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2018

rybak

Just now, heywoodu said:

But surely it can be done with a better song?

Surely. Songs have different meanings that could resonate with different people, this year I liked some songs with "messages" such as France and Ireland, but also some others that maybe didn't have much "meaning" such as Bulgaria.

The thing is (and I already said this), I don't think Israel won because of "diversity" or whatever. It won because of the cray - somehow it entertained voters more than any other song. Cyprus could have won but I guess the final performance hut her chances (and, honestly, I don't think that would be such a great winner either).

Just now, DaniSRB said:

they don't want because countries with strong diaspora will always do fine

Which is a good reason for jury voting. To be fair, no matter if Erdogan would send his mumbling grandma as Turkey's song, the Dutch televoting would still result in a ton of points for Turkey simply because there are a ton of Turkish people living here. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

"Thank you for celebrating diversity bla bla..."...

Jesus, can it just once be a song contest and not some political message or whatever? :lol:

Yeah, well apparently not as even after winning the contest one of the first things the singer says is "Let's meet at JERUSALEM next year." 

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Przed chwilą, vinipereira napisał:

Surely. Songs have different meanings that could resonate with different people, this year I liked some songs with "messages" such as France and Ireland, but also some others that maybe didn't have much "meaning" such as Bulgaria.

The thing is (and I already said this), I don't think Israel won because of "diversity" or whatever. It won because of the cray - somehow it entertained voters more than any other song. Cyprus could have won but I guess the final performance hut her chances (and, honestly, I don't think that would be such a great winner either).

But way better than this chicken noise...

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

In conclusion, as I said several times in this thread: TAISC's quality was better :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!