website statistics

Summer Sports World Championships Medal Counts in the Road to Tokyo 2020

Sindo

World Surfing Games 2020 will take place in :ESA El Salvador, May 9-17

WS/SLS Street Skateboarding World Championships will take place in :GBR London, May 19-24 

WS Park Skateboarding World Championships will take place in :CHN Nanjing, May 26-31

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

• 2 weeks later...

In the new Gracenote predictions/simulation the Netherlands wins 41 medals, far beyond our 25 medal record (Syndey 2000). Does anyone know whether Gracenote releases per country overviews what those medals are? 41 really does require some creativity and I'd love to see it.

I am slowly growing more confident that we can beat the Sydney record as well, but let's just stick to a 26 medal prediction for that ;)

il y a une heure, Jinzha a dit :

In the new Gracenote predictions/simulation the Netherlands wins 41 medals, far beyond our 25 medal record (Syndey 2000). Does anyone know whether Gracenote releases per country overviews what those medals are? 41 really does require some creativity and I'd love to see it.

I am slowly growing more confident that we can beat the Sydney record as well, but let's just stick to a 26 medal prediction for that ;)

Link classement complèted ?

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

Netherland can win 15 or more medals in cycling(men team sprint, 2 men individual sprint, 1 men keirin, men omnium, women madison, women omnium, 2 women time trial, 2 women road race, 1 men time trial, 1 men MTB,men and women BMX, chances also in men madison and men road race), then there is field hockey, handball, waterpolo, archery, judo, sailing, swimming , equestrian, rowing, women boxing, etc...I think around 40 medals are more than possible

Gracenote, effectively uses a similar method to the one used on this forum as they rely heavily on current medalists at world level. In the absence of that, they use world rankings (eg golf)

Not suggesting there's anything wrong with that but I know from following them over previous games, they have yet to get close to Ireland's final medal tally and I suspect it's the same for most countries.

7 hours ago, Andry84 said:

Netherland can win 15 or more medals in cycling(men team sprint, 2 men individual sprint, 1 men keirin, men omnium, women madison, women omnium, 2 women time trial, 2 women road race, 1 men time trial, 1 men MTB,men and women BMX, chances also in men madison and men road race), then there is field hockey, handball, waterpolo, archery, judo, sailing, swimming , equestrian, rowing, women boxing, etc...I think around 40 medals are more than possible

You're right, if all things go right this could be a record breaking Olympics for us. Of course all things won't go right and some of the medal favorites will fail while unexpected others might surprise with a medal.

It's interesting that in Sydney 2000 the record (25 medals) was set mostly due to 4 super dominant athletes: Leontien van Moorsel, Inge de Bruijn, Pieter van den Hoogenband and Anky van Grunsven combined for 14 medals. Now the medal contenders are way more spread over the cycling, rowing and sailing contenders.

• 3 weeks later...

Does someone have all the changes in 2016-2020 world championships medals standings collected in one place? I know there was a stripped medal at 2017 canoeing championships and a few at last year's wrestling championships, but maybe there were more?

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.