website statistics

Summer Sports World Championships Medal Counts in the Road to Tokyo 2020

Sindo

à l’instant, LuizGuilherme a dit :

Nice! Do you know wich competitions they are considerou? I mean, WSL or ISL for surf? World Cup or World League for Volley? A brazilian guy do the same thing but some numbers até diferent. Brazil for exemple is 6-5-9 in his medal table and South Korea is 4-4-9

No, I don't know the specifics. From the wording, I believe they only used world championships results (no world cups or world league results).

The overall tally seems a bit low to me also (the US with "only" 104 medals ?), so maybe, sports without a proper world championship have been excluded from the table.

PS I'd be interested by that Brazilian guy table :)

Agora, De_Gambassi disse:

No, I don't know the specifics. From the wording, I believe they only used world championships results (no world cups or world league results).

The overall tally seems a bit low to me also (the US with "only" 104 medals ?), so maybe, sports without a proper world championship have been excluded from the table.

PS I'd be interested by that Brazilian guy table :)

Thats a nice topic! For example, I think that the world league is more important than the world cup in volleyball, meanwhile WSL is more important that ISL BUT the last one has the same conditions that we will see next year. I think is a bit difficult to do a "official" medal table like this but for sure its a great indicative for 2020.

Sure! here is the link: 

https://globoesporte.globo.com/olimpiadas/blogs/brasil-em-toquio/noticia/apos-ouros-na-ginastica-e-boxe-brasil-sobe-para-12o-no-quadro-dos-mundiais-de-2019.ghtml

If you translate you can read his criterias 

For volleyball only the World Championships should count in these medal table, neither the Nations (former World) League nor the World Cup (especially this year) are remotely comparable to the WCh.

Obviously some sports do not have World Championships every year, so a "2019 medal count" is different than a "latest WCh medal count" 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Tennis.png.fbd1f942b88292956088c0a363a8e Men's Doubles Tennis.png.fbd1f942b88292956088c0a363a8e
Combined World Ranking as of December 30th, 2019

COL.gif Colombia
Juan Sebastian Cabal
Robert Farah

164608230+8230

FRA.gif France
Nicolas Mahut
Pierre-Hugues Herbert

124707180+5290

GER.gif Germany
Kevin Krawietz
Andreas Mies