website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI La Vuelta Ciclista a España 2017

heywoodu

Men's Road Cycling UCI La Vuelta Ciclista a España 2017

ESP.gif Various Cities (ESP) - 19 August 2017 - 10 September 2017 ESP.gif

152515gqaqolwqwivj7r55.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Stages

Spoiler

Saturday 19 August - Stage 1  Nîmes / Nîmes (13.7 km) (TTT):

PROFIL.png

Sunday 20 August - Stage 2 Nîmes / Gruissan. Grand Narbonne. Aude (203,4 km):

PROFIL.png

Monday 21 August - Stage 3 Prades Conflent Canigó / Andorra la Vella (158,5 km):

PROFIL.png

Tuesday 22 August - Stage 4 Escaldes-Engordany / Tarragona. Anella Mediterránea 2018  (198,2 km):

PROFIL.png

Wednesday 23 August - Stage 5 Benicàssim / Alcossebre  (175,7 km):

PROFIL.png

Thursday 24 August - Stage 6 Vila-real / Sagunt (204,4 km):

PROFIL.png

Friday 25 August - Stage 7 Llíria / Cuenca. Ciudad Patrimonio de la Humanidad (207 km):

PROFIL.png

Saturday 26 August - Stage 8 Hellín / Xorret de Catí. Costa Blanca Interior (199,5 km):

PROFIL.png

Sunday 27 August - Stage 9 Orihuela. Ciudad del Poeta Miguel Hernández / Cumbre del Sol. El Poble Nou de Benitatxell (174 km):

PROFIL.png

-Rest day-

Tuesday 29 August - Stage 10 Caravaca Año Jubilar 2017 / ElPozo Alimentación (164,8 km):

PROFIL.png

Wednesday 30 August - Stage 11 Lorca / Observatorio Astronómico de Calar Alto (187,5 km):

PROFIL.png

Thursday 31 August - Stage 12 Motril / Antequera. Los Dólmenes (160,1 km):

PROFIL.png

Friday 1 September - Stage 13 Coín / Tomares (198,4 km):

PROFIL.png

Saturday 2 September - Stage 14 Écija / Alto Sierra de La Pandera (175 km):

PROFIL.png

Sunday 3 September - Stage 15 Alcalá la Real / Sierra Nevada. Alto Hoya de la Mora. Monachil (129,4 km):

PROFIL.png

-Rest day 2-

Tuesday 5 September - Stage 16 Circuito de Navarra / Logroño (TT) (40,2 km)

PROFIL.png

Wednesday 6 September - Stage 17 Villadiego / Los Machucos. Monumento Vaca Pasiega (180,5 km):

PROFIL.png

Thursday 7 September - Stage 18 Suances / Santo Toribio de Liébana (169 km):

PROFIL.png

Friday 8 September - Stage 19 Caso. Parque Natural de Redes / Gijón (149,7 km):

PROFIL.png

Saturday 9 September - Stage 20 Corvera de Asturias / Alto de l'Angliru (117,5 km):

PROFIL.png

Sunday 10 September Stage 21 Arroyomolinos / Madrid (117,6 km):

PROFIL.png

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Start list for the first stage, at the end of the afternoon :)

DHgiUuOWAAAI474.jpg

Oh and the start is in France by the way, in Nîmes to be exact. Do turn on your TV, I can tell from experience that Nîmes has some truly beautiful sights (especially the Roman arena) :) 

Too bad that they're replacing the archeological museum with this futuristic horror of a 'modern architecture' building, right next to the arena..

N%C3%AEmes_Mus%C3%A9e_de_la_Romanit%C3%A

il y a 44 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Oh and the start is in France by the way, in Nîmes to be exact. Do turn on your TV, I can tell from experience that Nîmes has some truly beautiful sights (especially the Roman arena) :) 

I can understand why they chose Nîmes for the postcard thing, but from a crowd perspective, it'is going to be rough. Cycling ends in July here.

25 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I can understand why they chose Nîmes for the postcard thing, but from a crowd perspective, it'is going to be rough. Cycling ends in July here.

Oh well, it's a 13km team time trial, that's not going to be a ton of fun anyway :p 

(team time trials should be way, way, way longer) 

il y a 3 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

Oh well, it's a 13km team time trial, that's not going to be a ton of fun anyway :p 

(team time trials should be way, way, way longer) 

Once, your top favorite GC rider's team is not also the favorite team to win a TTT, I'll agree :rolleyes:

Same with ITT, really.

9 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Once, your top favorite GC rider's team is not also the favorite team to win a TTT, I'll agree :rolleyes:

Same with ITT, really.

Like now, I doubt BMC and Quick-Step, the two top favorites for the TTT win, have the top favorite GC contender :p  (not like there's one big GC favorite anyway)

Edited by heywoodu

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I lived and worked in Nimes for almost 2 years :d yes it´s a beautiful place, but too hot in summer..too hot :p