website statistics

Men's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2017

bestmen

please, let's get rid of this farce!!!

I saw almost any sort of crazy judgments in boxing, but I never saw anything like today...

Mangiacapre (ITA) won his fight against Zhussupov (KAZ) literally destroying him (the fight was stopped by the event doctor because the Kazakh was bleeding so heavily that almost collapsed on the ring...so, technically it was a pure and simple TKO)...

but then Kazakhstan made an appeal and the technical commission overturned the final result, stating that the score was to be determined by the reading of the judges' cards at the moment of the stop (like the stop came because of an accidental injury of one of the contenders)...and guess what? for the judges the Zhussupov was 2 points ahead and so he was declared as the winner...:yikes::facepalm:

so, the new rule is that you can't win against protected boxers even if you knock them out...

if somehow there's some justice in the world, I hope that Zhussupov at least won't be able to get his feet on the ring for the next round...

p.s. of course that was the highlight of the tournament so far, but surely not the only episode of corrupted judging and shameful scores...

nothing has changed in the last months, despite all the "beautiful words" by AIBA officials...

and I think that nothing's gonna change in the future...

so...once again...let's get rid of this farce!!!

37 minutes ago, phelps said:

please, let's get rid of this farce!!!

I saw almost any sort of crazy judgments in boxing, but I never saw anything like today...

Mangiacapre (ITA) won his fight against Zhussupov (KAZ) literally destroying him (the fight was stopped by the event doctor because the Kazakh was bleeding so heavily that almost collapsed on the ring...so, technically it was a pure and simple TKO)...

but then Kazakhstan made an appeal and the technical commission overturned the final result, stating that the score was to be determined by the reading of the judges' cards at the moment of the stop (like the stop came because of an accidental injury of one of the contenders)...and guess what? for the judges the Zhussupov was 2 points ahead and so he was declared as the winner...:yikes::facepalm:

so, the new rule is that you can't win against protected boxers even if you knock them out...

if somehow there's some justice in the world, I hope that Zhussupov at least won't be able to get his feet on the ring for the next round...

p.s. of course that was the highlight of the tournament so far, but surely not the only episode of corrupted judging and shameful scores...

nothing has changed in the last months, despite all the "beautiful words" by AIBA officials...

and I think that nothing's gonna change in the future...

so...once again...let's get rid of this farce!!!

Surprise, surprise.... Kazakhstan were involved. Always the same cohort of nations have all the influence in this non-sport. The farce is so blatant these days that they simply don't care. They will investigate a few referees post-tournament and that will make everything ok ;)

il y a 24 minutes, OlympicIRL a déclaré:

Surprise, surprise.... Kazakhstan were involved. Always the same cohort of nations have all the influence in this non-sport. The farce is so blatant these days that they simply don't care. They will investigate a few referees post-tournament and that will make everything ok ;)

The question remains : why the IOC is not acting :mumble:They don't need amateur boxing, they could easely pressure AIBA to have its house in order just like they're doing with weightlifting, or even better, propelling a new organisation to run the sport.

Yet, nothing.

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

The question remains : why the IOC is not acting :mumble:They don't need amateur boxing, they could easely pressure AIBA to have its house in order just like they're doing with weightlifting, or even better, propelling a new organisation to run the sport.

Yet, nothing.

It's a very good question honestly. Rio 2016 could hardly have been more farcical for AIBA and yet there is no major boot in their ass to get them to reform. Their reforms a few years ago were a complete joke because they just made it easier to cover up cheating :d