website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

97kg final was match of the compettion, wrestling fans were waiting for this for a long time, if I'm not wrong this is only 2nd loss in Sadulaev's career.

with this USA won the team title over Russia by only 1 point ! Russia not winning a single gold medal made me feel better a bit ! lol today refs their 65kg wrestler A LOT but he was just bad. and they lost two finals to USA. great tournament for USA. 2 golds. 6 medals and the team title.

and that's funny. Iran finished 9th in the ranking and will miss the team World Cup next year (only top 8) that's a great news for me because our federation cares a lot about the World Cup and that usually costs us a lot . this year we sent some of our best wrestlers and they got injured and missed the main tournament here !

vor 20 Stunden schrieb MHSN:

Actually that was pure justice, Refs brought Gogaev to that semifinal, his opponents in 1/8 final and QF got robbed, and even the Goergian got robbed of one point earlier.

oofff. this is probably the worst day in Iranian wrestling history, 4 wrestlers and not even one into the medal round ! this time we didn't even lost to "good wrestlers". obviously ther is somehing wrong, we were also very bad in worlds junior freestyle, the rest of the world scouted our wrestlers very well and easily neutralized our strong underhook/pushing attack.

imagine if we didn't have a genius like Yazdani !? that would be only 2nd time in history with no medal for Iran ! we will know the complete team ranking later but I think Iran will be outside of top 10 for the 2nd time in history ! wow. I knew we are not that good this time but nobody expected them to be this bad ! our only wins today were against likes of Romania, Qatar and France !!! (and actually France beat one of our wrestlers) !

Disastrous results for our freestyle team. And they have no excuse, since most of our wrestlers were experienced enough. What happened with Alireza Karimi, Mohammadian, Ahmad Mohammadi and Hassan Rahimi? Did they all lose in the trials? 

I think our GR team was quite good. Even though I am not sure if anyone of our youngsters is good enough to win a Gold medal in the  near future. By the way I think Ghasem Rezaei should not since par terre is back :)

1 hour ago, ledon said:

Disastrous results for our freestyle team. And they have no excuse, since most of our wrestlers were experienced enough. What happened with Alireza Karimi, Mohammadian, Ahmad Mohammadi and Hassan Rahimi? Did they all lose in the trials? 

I think our GR team was quite good. Even though I am not sure if anyone of our youngsters is good enough to win a Gold medal in the  near future. By the way I think Ghasem Rezaei should not since par terre is back :)

Karimi lost to Yazdani and Ebrahimi at 86kg trials, finished 4th ! Mohammadian is still banned for a doping case,

Ahmad Mohammadi had a surgery months ago, he is rcovered now but he decided to not wrestle this year in the trials, as he claims he wasn't ready yet at the time. we will see him on the mat very soon.

Hassan Rahimi got injured before the trials and missed that, they gave him another chance to wrestle in extra trials with Atri . but he didn't recover in time for the extra trials instead asked them to directly send him to Paris (which was the wise decision since everybody knew Atri sucks) but they rejected him. he did his surgery few days ago and will recover soon.

in Greco I believe 4-5 of our wrestlers weren't that far from the gold medal. 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb MHSN:

Karimi lost to Yazdani and Ebrahimi at 86kg trials, finished 4th ! Mohammadian is still banned for a doping case,

Ahmad Mohammadi had a surgery months ago, he is rcovered now but he decided to not wrestle this year in the trials, as he claims he wasn't ready yet at the time. we will see him on the mat very soon.

Hassan Rahimi got injured before the trials and missed that, they gave him another chance to wrestle in extra trials with Atri . but he didn't recover in time for the extra trials instead asked them to directly send him to Paris (which was the wise decision since everybody knew Atri sucks) but they rejected him. he did his surgery few days ago and will recover soon.

in Greco I believe 4-5 of our wrestlers weren't that far from the gold medal. 

Didn't know Mohammadian had a doping case. When did that happen? Good to hear that Rahimi and Mohammadi will be back soon. Alireza Karimi really impressed me at the 2015 WCH. Maybe we will see a comeback if Yazdani changes his weight class again.

Well I guess Abdevalli, Nouri, Geraei and even Eliasi weren't that far away from a gold medal. On the other hand I wouldn't say they sure gold candidates. Anyway I guess we have to see how GR will look like under new rules.

4 hours ago, ledon said:

Didn't know Mohammadian had a doping case. When did that happen? Good to hear that Rahimi and Mohammadi will be back soon. Alireza Karimi really impressed me at the 2015 WCH. Maybe we will see a comeback if Yazdani changes his weight class again.

Well I guess Abdevalli, Nouri, Geraei and even Eliasi weren't that far away from a gold medal. On the other hand I wouldn't say they sure gold candidates. Anyway I guess we have to see how GR will look like under new rules.

That was long time ago, almost 2 years ago , out of competition test when he was injured and wasn't even training. as usual he claims he is innocent and just takes medicine from the doctors ! 

Mohammadi was injured for 1.5 years. we have to see his shape , I believe he had a good chance for gold in Rio ... 

Karimi was great in 2015. nobody knows what happened to him after that, he lost in Rio and wasn't that good this year, still he was the only one in the trials who didn't get teched by Yazdani . if Yazdani stays at 86, he has to move up to 92 or cut down to 79. 

Actually there is no sure gold medal candidate in Greco. specially in lighter weights. but most of our guys were competitive. actually all of them except Ghorehjili and Ghaderian.