website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2017

Federer91

and at the end we will have 3 wrestlers in bronze medal matches, while Salehizadeh narrowly missed that by losing 4-4 in a match he was much better but lost to his own blind attacks.

I'm sick of speaking of the officiating in UWW competitions. they are still corrupt , they just changed their directions, instead of supporting countries like Azerbaijan now they are gifting medals to someone else.

and rules suck big time, I advise everybody to watch all matches of Viktor Nemes of Serbia, in 4 matches this guy scored only and only 1 technical point which was a pushout. so he will win a world medal without any wrestling technique ! anything at all. and I'm not even talking about the dubious officiating, just the rules.

we lost 5 matches this session, Geraei lost 6-3 to Stabler, fair and square, there were some bad calls in 98kg Iran-Georgia match but after all Salehi lost to his own mistakes 4-4 but in other 3 defeats. we lost without giving up even 1 technical point. Salehi lost 3-1 to Aleksanyan, Aleksanyan did nothing but well I can accept that he is great and the Olympic Champion. but if Salehi was from Russia (and not Iran) they could make him the winner in a tie match like that. at 75. Abdevali scored the only technical point against Nemes but of course refs gave 2 caution points to Nemes . Nemes is very tough and it's really hard to score against him. but the worst match of the day was 85kg semifinal. nobody expected Nouri to go that far. he lost 4-1 while Kudla did absolutely nothing. UWW already gifted a free Olympic medal to Kudla to Rio, (Lorincz got robbed badly against him) looks like they love this guy. if you watch the match the center referee asked caution points for Kudla like 10 times ! maybe even more, I never saw such a thing in my life. other refs rejected him several times but eventually they let him do "his job". Nouri scored the only real point of the match .

while I wrote more about the refs, I believe the biggest problem is the rules, winning matches based on only cautions is stupid and that should not exist in this sport. they are ruining Greco-Roman. I hope they change the rules and put par-terre back to the sport.