website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

OMG. 13th place it is something AMAZING for Lithuanian Biathlon, we haven't had that for more than 6-7 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: There's not enough emojis that could explain my happiness. Tomas Kaukėnas also won the Olympic funding today, so he'll definitely be celebrating.

Anyways, amazing day for Swedish biathlon, brilliant race by Samuelsson. Also, happy to see the German men's team shining. Add a medal for Schempp and I'll be very happy :d

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Werloc:

Honestly, I'd love some success for Hildebrand.

Don't see that happening, i would say she is the least likely, maybe except for Preuß, to medal. I hope that Hammerschmidt will get a chance here.

Weren't you a fan of Andreas Birnbacher? He is an expert for Eurosport (at least today) in case you are interested ...

Congrats to the 13th place today, i wish Germany could get a surprising result like that sometime, it feels as if no german athlete ever positively surprises (for example Loch completely choked).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Don't see that happening, i would say she is the least likely, maybe except for Preuß, to medal. I hope that Hammerschmidt will get a chance here.

Weren't you a fan of Andreas Birnbacher? He is an expert for Eurosport (at least today) in case you are interested ...

Congrats to the 13th place today, i wish Germany could get a surprising result like that sometime, it feels as if no german athlete ever positively surprises (for example Loch completely choked).

Yeah, I was a fan of Birnbacher. I'd also like to see Hammerschmidt with a chance here, but I think her chance is mostly gone, because I see her as a stronger competitor in the sprint/pursuit, rather than an individual race. Of course, neither Herrmann, Hinz or Hildebrand really did give a reason to be replaced as all three performed fairly well in the prior races.

Well. With today's results, Sweden is a good outsider for the mixed relay.
I'm not expecting them to keep this up though, but at least it seems like we'll see a decent Swedish participation in the mass start (I guess Öberg is in a very fine situation for that one)