1. Roesch Bel

2. Lapshin Kor

3. Guzik Pol

4. Koboniki Jpn

5. Tachizaki jpn

6. Szecurek Pol

7. Langer Bel

8. Crnkovic Cro

Claude (bel) will probably come in high in this ranking with his next race, therefore currently it looks like 2xbelgium, 1x Korea, 2x Japan and 1x Poland, but still everything is very close and one very good result could change everything.

16 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I tried to do some calculation for the remaining places for men qualification:

Standing after first ibu cup 2017/18

1. Roesch Bel

2. Lapshin Kor

3. Guzik Pol

4. Koboniki Jpn

5. Tachizaki jpn

6. Szecurek Pol

7. Langer Bel

8. Crnkovic Cro

Claude (bel) will probably come in high in this ranking with his next race, therefore currently it looks like 2xbelgium, 1x Korea, 2x Japan and 1x Poland, but still everything is very close and one very good result could change everything.

Do you happen to have this for the women as well? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Nope

not interested at all in the women ranking :raspberry:

Too bad, I don't care at all about the men's ranking :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

I tried to do some calculation for the remaining places for men qualification:

Standing after first ibu cup 2017/18

1. Roesch Bel

2. Lapshin Kor

3. Guzik Pol

4. Koboniki Jpn

5. Tachizaki jpn

6. Szecurek Pol

7. Langer Bel

8. Crnkovic Cro

There's a decent chance that Belgium will be declining quotas (or at least Langer's possible quota). Back in 2014 they qualified in alpine skiing, biathlon and cross-country skiing and yet they didn't send anyone in those sports.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

There's a decent chance that Belgium will be declining quotas (or at least Langer's possible quota). Back in 2014 they qualified in alpine skiing, biathlon and cross-country skiing and yet they didn't send anyone in those sports.

But can non-qualified countries even get 2 quota's? I thought they'd only take 1 per country from the non-qualifiers?

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

But can non-qualified countries even get 2 quota's? I thought they'd only take 1 per country from the non-qualifiers?

Looks like they can.

02K68UiDSEmszfK01S5Z6A.png

So several nations could still qualify a mixed relay in fact.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Looks like they can.

02K68UiDSEmszfK01S5Z6A.png

So several nations could still qualify a mixed relay in fact.

Hm, that means China will probably get 2 women in, most definitely.

And it also means that smaller biathlon countries have pretty much no chance to qualify now.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dcro:

I read somewhere that Belgium will send their athletes if they qualify. Langer probably will not qualify anyway as Roesch and Claude are better. Not sure but does it matter if they decline or not, as there is no reallocation of quota? 

8 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I read somewhere that Belgium will send their athletes if they qualify. Langer probably will not qualify anyway as Roesch and Claude are better. Not sure but does it matter if they decline or not, as there is no reallocation of quota? 

Well, Langer had a very decent run in the last IBU sprint, I know it seems logical to write him off, but he seems to have stepped up his game.