website statistics

Men's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2017

George_D

7 minut temu, Pavlo napisał:

i didn`t even watch, i was sure we will lose. I think we need a coach for a change

Really? Once again change coach? Give him some more time. We have young players which maybe aren't yet enough experienced and maybe don't have good relations with those older players, maybe here is real problem? Imo it isn't normal of changing coach after losing in every big tournament, if this trend will be continue in next 2-3 years there won't be left any coach which could take our team or no one wouldn't want be coach of the team... 

3 minuty temu, rybak napisał:

Really? Once again change coach? Give him some more time. We have young players which maybe aren't yet enough experienced and maybe don't have good relations with those older players, maybe here is real problem? Imo it isn't normal of changing coach after losing in every big tournament, if this trend will be continue in next 2-3 years there won't be left any coach which could take our team or no one wouldn't want be coach of the team... 

u see, when the story begins that way it`s sometimes better to cut it quickly. Building on such energy isn`t easy. 

Why do we hire a bit anonimous coaches in our national team sport, probably the best one, having quite rich federation i don`t know

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

5 minut temu, Pavlo napisał:

u see, when the story begins that way it`s sometimes better to cut it quickly. Building on such energy isn`t easy. 

Why do we hire a bit anonimous coaches in our national team sport, probably the best one, having quite rich federation i don`t know

If it would depends of me I would give Di Giorgi one more chance. Or maybe an unexperienced Polish coach would be better? 

7 godzin temu, rybak napisał:

If it would depends of me I would give Di Giorgi one more chance. Or maybe an unexperienced Polish coach would be better? 

no why - i`ve written "coach - for a change", not a change of coach, so tzn. może dla odmiany, zatrudnijmy "TRENERA" ;) ;).

Di Giorgi can be a good league coach but i think we need and deserve someone frop the TOP. And i don`t mean a top player like Antiga was ;), TOP COACH. Polish coach? There are some 2-3 that might handle the task, Nawałka is an example that it`s possible but maybe after Tokyo, no we don`t have that much time in fact

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

11 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

Germany v Czech Republic in the quarterfinals, one of them will logically be in the semifinal. Interestingly, none of these teams will be in the world championship next year. :rolleyes:

Serbia won World League last year and didn't take part in the Olympics :d The depth is real :d 

13 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Because ?

I don't like him for some phrases he said during the post-Rio months like "Italy, I know you!", "I'm like Zidane not like Materazzi" and a lot of stupids phrases like this. And, of course, I don't like his behavior during the Italian national championship. Nothing against France, only against Ngapeth ;) 

Edited by Gianlu33

ITA_05.jpgItaly “video challenge” their way into quarterfinal encounter with Belgium

Katowice, Poland, August 30, 2017.  Italy became the fifth team with a spot in the LOTTO EUROVOLLEY POLAND 2017 quarterfinals. In the first playoff fixture in Katowice, Gianlorenzo Blengini’s squad knocked out Turkey with a 3-0 (25-16, 25-17, 31-29) shutout, finalised with a lot of video challenge drama at the end of the match. On Thursday, at 20:30 local time, the Italians will face Belgium in a battle for advancement to the semis.

The schedule for the Quarter-Finals has been confirmed as:

- Katowice 17:30 GER vs CZE / 20:30 BEL vs ITA
   - Krakow: 17:30 RUS vs SLO / 20:30 SRB vs BUL

Outperforming the opponents from the serving line is what gave Italy a real edge in the first set. Simone Giannelli scored two aces as part of a five-point Italian run, which widened the gap to 17-10. This was a blow Turkey never recovered from. In the end, Daniele Mazzone threw in a serving point to shape up the team’s ace tally to five and close the set at an impressive 25-16.

Turkey had a one-point lead at the first technical time-out of the second set, but after the break Italy rushed back with an amazing nine points in a row, with Mazzone behind the serving line. With Matteo Piano chipping in with five kill blocks and Luca Vettori keeping things hot in offence, there was no coming back for Turkey. Vettori’s spike stopped the clocks at 25-17 to double Italy’s lead.

The Turks attempted a comeback in set 3 and were very close to it. Greatly improving their spiking and blocking effort, they piled up a four-point lead at 17-12 and later reached a triple set point at 24-21. A successful video challenge helped Italy stay alive and tie the score. Once again, the Turkish players raised their hands in victorious celebration moments later, but coach Blengini challenged the referee’s decision and, again, this kept his team in the set. Turkey’s coach Josko Milenkoski joined in on the video challenge duel and asked for one when the Italians reached match point, but to no avail. The drama continued through 31-29, when Oleg Antonov finally put the ball on the floor for the closing point of the match.

Luca Vettori and Filippo Lanza led the scorers with 14 and 13 points, respectively, for Italy, while Metin Toy was Turkey’s top point contributor with 12.

TUR_02.jpg

Oleg Antonov, player of Italy: "We believed in ourselves in this very difficult third set. Now we have to concentrate on tomorrow’s game with Belgium, which is going to be really difficult. We served very well. I believe that we were pretty good in reception too. Technically, we were not at our best, but we were prepared mentally for this game, as we played under a big pressure."

Gianlorenzo Blengini, coach of Italy: "Obviously we are happy, because the victory was so important for the team and qualification for the quarterfinals was our goal. The third set was the most difficult one for us, because the Turkish team won several points in a row and we had to chase them. Luckily for us, we were able to win also the last set. Of course, the challenge system helped us very much. Today we used it in very important moments, but it is also helpful not only today as referees can stay calm and judge well in the crucial moments of the match."

Murat Yenipazar, player of Turkey: "This game is… nothing to say. In the third set at the end it was because of our lack of experience. I congratulate the Italians. Now it is just the end for us, but it is OK - this is life and this is what Volleyball looks like. We have to move forward and change our mental preparation."

Josko Milenkoski, coach of Turkey: "We started the match with big respect towards the Italian team. Perhaps we lacked enough confidence that we could win against the Olympic silver medallists. We had difficulties in reception, which eliminated our middle blockers from touching the ball often enough. We had big chances in the third set and I cannot remember how many sets we lost this way in the past. We had a few set points and who knows what would have happened from the fourth set. I think my team can still be satisfied with this result, as this is the best result Turkey ever achieved at the European Championship."

Match-Result-ITAvTUR-605x605.jpg

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

bul.jpgBulgaria set up quarter-final meeting with Serbia after coming from behind to beat Finland

Kraków, Poland, August 30, 2017. After a pool phase full of emotions and drama, LOTTO EUROVOLLEY POLAND 2017 entered the play-off round and Bulgaria were the first team to seal their place in the last eight of the competition with a 3-1 (23-25, 25-21, 25-11, 25-12) win against Finland in front of 3,561 spectators who had travelled to Tauron Arena from all over Europe and beyond.

The schedule for the Quarter-Finals has been confirmed as:

- Katowice 17:30 GER vs CZE / 20:30 BEL vs ITA
   - Krakow: 17:30 RUS vs SLO / 20:30 SRB vs BUL

Bulgaria coach Plamen Konstantinov changed one of his outside spikers from the previous game, with Rozalin Penchev coming in for Todor Skrimov. At first, his team struggled with serving as they did against Slovenia, but good play in the middle gave them a two-point lead at 8-6. Bulgaria lost their focus though and let Finland edge ahead at 14-12. Then Tsvetan Sokolov came alive, spiking well to tie things at 15-all. However, the Finns were not intimidated and made it 20-17 in their favour after a huge miss by Sokolov, and eventually Viktor Yosifov’s fault from the service line finished the set at 25-23 for Finland.

Finland started the second set well, but it was their opponents that had a slight advantage of 8-7 at the first technical time-out. After a Georgi Bratoev ace the difference reached five points at 12-7. The Bulgarians made less errors than before and it was enough for them to keep the upper hand until the second time-out. Then the margin began to fade away. It was as small as one following Niklas Seppänen’s kill (17-16), but Bulgaria held on to what was left and eventually reserve Rozalin Penchev’s spike ended it at 25-21.

The third set was one-sided right from the start, with the Bulgarians racing ahead to an 8-2 scoreline. Their block finally showed its potential and Finland had trouble getting around it. Sokolov was on fire and led the charge and Todor Skrimov’s brace of aces gave Bulgaria a gigantic 10-point lead at 13-3. The Finns could not change anything after this and went down 25-11.

The Bulgarians did not stop there. They led 6-1 in the fourth set due to their impeccable performance from the service line. The five-point margin stayed untouched, marking the considerable difference in level between the two teams. Even Bulgarian setter Bratoev was able to score a couple of points in attack. Towards the end Bulgaria cruised to victory and Velizar Chernokozhev ended the game at 25-13.

181159__DSC2371.jpg

Quotes

Plamen Konstantinov, Bulgaria coach: “At this moment Finland are very young, They haven’t got too many experienced players, so I think that it is a normal result in this match. I’m maybe just a little surprised with how we started the match. We made a lot of mistakes, especially in serving. After the first set we found our serve, blocked well and our transition to attack was back so this result is normal. We are stronger.”

Nikolay Penchev, outside hitter of Bulgaria: “We played very well. The first set was a little nervous for us, but everyone knows how important the game was for both teams. At the beginning we made a lot of mistakes, in the serve for example, but in the next sets we concentrated 100% and we played better.”

Tuomas Sammelvuo, Finland coach: “I think that we came into the game like we had to, we had a very strong physical opponent, so we played very intelligently in attack, we were serving, defending and receiving well. The first two sets were like this, but later we started to lose the game – in serving and reception.

“Bulgaria were a lot better in these elements and their attack was at a high level. After the beginning of the third set, we lost confidence and faith and I think it shouldn’t have happened. For me this tournament was a part of a big process, we have a pretty new team, we started with the World League last year, we qualified for this tournament and for the World Championship and now we are in the second round here. It’s a very good point to analyse why and what we should do more. It was like a journey and now we have to try to understand the current situation.”

Sauli Sinkkonen, Finland: “It’s really hard to say why we lost. Bulgaria are a great team and we were able to play very well and very bad. The level is so high that you can’t win if you make mistakes as we did.”

Elviss Krastins, Finland: “We came into the game with a lot of energy, we were focussed very well on the things we agreed. In the next sets we started to lose concentration, especially in reception.”

Tommi Siirilä, Finland: “It’s really hard to say what happened in this match. Bulgaria are a good team. We had some ups and downs – sometimes we played really well and sometimes really bad. When the level is so high, it’s impossible to win when we perform this way.”

Match-Result-4-set1080x1080.jpg

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk