website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2018

hckošice

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

I dont know how did they defeat Germany :mumble:

They who won on penalties after their best effort so far in this tournament, which resulted in a very close and undecided match until the very end of the game, also Germany is not showing anything really special here so far if you ask me, they have Draisaitl, who is a absolutely fantastic player and clearly doing everything possible and impossible to help his team, but the rest looked for me from the games I saw pretty tired and helpless

Final Results

Group A in Copenhagen

France - Austria  5-2 (2-1, 2-1, 1-0)

03:32 Thomas Hundertpfund (Heinrich / Schumnig)   0-1

10:00 Damien Fleury (S. Da Costa / Rech)   1-1

13:10 Sacha Treille (Texier / Hecquefeuille)   2-1

31:22 Michael Raffl (Hofer / Heinrich)   2-2

34:11 Damien Fleury (Auvitu / S. Da Costa)   3-2

37:49 Teddy Da Costa (Texier / Gallet)   4-2

41:06 Sacha Treille (Texier / Hecquefeuille)   5-2

Group B in Herning

Denmark - Norway  3-0 (1-0, 2-0, 0-0)

19:13 Nicklas Jensen (Larsen / Regin)   1-0

26:17 Nicklas Jensen (Larsen / Bjorkstrand)   2-0

33:58 Frederik Storm (Bødker / Jensen Aabo)   3-0

btw some interesting stats so far, we look really well in penalty killing and discipline of players, it´s clearly worse in the offensive play :(

Shooting efficiency (Belarus needed 109 shoots for 4 goals lol) https://www.new-iihf.com/en/events/2018/wm/teamstats/scoringefficiency

Power-play (very very bad) https://www.new-iihf.com/en/events/2018/wm/teamstats/powerplay#statistics

Penalty Killing (Very very good, we are one of the 3 teams that did not conceded any goal being shorthanded ) https://www.new-iihf.com/en/events/2018/wm/teamstats/penaltykilling#statistics

Penalties (excellent discipline, so far) https://www.new-iihf.com/en/events/2018/wm/teamstats/penalties#statistics

Results after 1st Period

Group A in Copenhagen

Belarus - Czech Republic  0-3 (0-3,-,-)

08:13 Libor Šulák (Krejčí)   0-1

15:53 Roman Horák (Plekanec)   0-2

18:43 Michal Řepík (Moravčík / Červenka)   0-3

Group B in Herning

United States - South Korea  4-1 (4-1,-,-)

05:23 Ahn Jin-Hui (Kim S.-W. / Kim W.-J.)   0-1

08:35 Anders Lee (D. Larkin / J. Gaudreau)   1-1

12:56 Patrick Kane (J. Gaudreau)   2-1

13:29 Charlie McAvoy (P. Kane / J. Gaudreau)   3-1

19:17 Charlie McAvoy (Kreider / D. Larkin)   4-1

Incredible, the Koreans are barely skating or even moving...One really start to think how they did win the Division I last year ? In all honesty they absolutely don´t have the required level, and I am persuaded that the kinds of Hungary, Kazakhstan or Poland were and are much better than Korea, so it´s still for me a mystery how they did win it

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Incredible, the Koreans are barely skating or even moving...One really start to think how they did win the Division I last year ? In all honesty they absolutely don´t have the required level, and I am persuaded that the kinds of Hungary, Kazakhstan or Poland were and are much better than Korea, so it´s still for me a mystery how they did win it

Do they still have the Canadians they used for the Olympics? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!