website statistics

Nordic Combined 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

The season is already over for Samuel Costa. He announced that

My Olympic dream has to wait 4 more years. Together with Doc. Arnold Gurndin we decide to fix my knee properly and that means some months of rest. Few days ago I did the last operation at the Dolomiti Sportclinic to fix my lateral ligament.

9 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

The season is already over for Samuel Costa. He announced that

Damn, Italian winter sports is getting blow after blow these weeks...3rd season-ending injury for Olympians (or potential Olympians) I think with the luger and Gaspari included?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

What drama for David :cry: He's one of the my favorite athletes..

David? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Damn, Italian winter sports is getting blow after blow these weeks...3rd season-ending injury for Olympians (or potential Olympians) I think with the luger and Gaspari included?

Yes, hopefully he is the last one. Unlucky injuries happening lately to several athletes:pope:

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, and Brignone's situation is not that clear...there are rumors about her problem being chronical (she suffers from groin inflammation and some newspapers wrote that it's given by a bone edema, which is not possible to be fixed if not with a very long pause...and of course this would mean at least a full season off, which she won't take in this particular year obviously)...

by the way, also Fabio Francolini (Speedskating) has a lot of troubles right now (he's fighting against a stomach virus) and will probably miss the first part of the World Cup season...

definitely our Olympic campaign has not started under the most brilliant star...

but I hope that we can still find the way to cancel the awful rememberings of Sochi (when we didn't win a single Gold medal)...

Edited by phelps

• 2 months later...

At the world juniors we'll have a women's test event tomorrow and OH MY GOD THERE'S A DUTCH GIRL!!!

http://ewoxx.de/Lists/15912/1812/2018NK4152SLT.pdf

:cheer:

I guess she's the younger sister of Max Teeling (1999), who took some (gold) medals home af this week's Dutch XC champs :) 

Out of curiousity: in the normal hill vs large hill competition, does anyone really have an advantage in one event compared to the other? I mean, I'd guess the best jumpers have a bigger advantage on the large hill? 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity: in the normal hill vs large hill competition, does anyone really have an advantage in one event compared to the other? I mean, I'd guess the best jumpers have a bigger advantage on the large hill? 

It's the same as with ski jumping - no difference.

But, as I said before, winter program has no events so it's completely normal to have multiple almost same events... :whistle:

#banbestmen