Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

One hour to go until the Dutch single distance champs get underway, this is gonna be fun if the insane times in pre-season are any indication :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

 

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

 

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

 

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

No :p 

 

Erben Wennemars (former top class sprinter and nowadays analyst on Dutch TV) has been rather furious about Verweij going to Russia. Nuis judged him for it, but well, Nuis is 6th and Verweij won, so yeah :d 

 

I laughed at the interviewer's question after the win: "Did you do anything different there?" :evil:

Edited by heywoodu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

 

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

 

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

 

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

 

I'll tell her next time I happen to see her in the local supermarket here :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×