website statistics

Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

Dear Lord, Bloemen is flying.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One hour to go until the Dutch single distance champs get underway, this is gonna be fun if the insane times in pre-season are any indication :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Live stream, for those who have nothing better to do :d

https://nos.nl/livestream/2199171-kpn-nk-afstanden.html

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

No :p 

Erben Wennemars (former top class sprinter and nowadays analyst on Dutch TV) has been rather furious about Verweij going to Russia. Nuis judged him for it, but well, Nuis is 6th and Verweij won, so yeah :d 

I laughed at the interviewer's question after the win: "Did you do anything different there?" :evil:

Edited by heywoodu

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

I'll tell her next time I happen to see her in the local supermarket here :p