website statistics

Luge 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 2 months later...

FIL is going to ask IOC to put in into the Olympic program some new disciplines already from Beijing 2022...

Women's Doubles, Sprint Races for Men and Women in both Singles and Doubles will be proposed in Artificial Track Luge, meanwhile Men's and Women's Singles and Mixed Doubles will be proposed in Natural Track Luge...

Frankly, I'm not so interested in new Artificial Track events at the Olympics, but I really like the idea of all the credits Natural Track Luge has with the IOC being finally recognized...

https://www.oasport.it/2017/10/slittino-la-fil-proporra-nuovi-sport-olimpici-al-cio-slittino-naturale-dal-2022-litalia-spera/

sorry for the source being in Italian language only...:dunno:

Edited by phelps

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

FIL is going to ask IOC to put in into the Olympic program some new disciplines already from Beijing 2022...

Women's Doubles, Sprint Races for Men and Women in both Singles and Doubles will be proposed in Artificial Track Luge, meanwhile Men's and Women's Singles and Mixed Doubles will be proposed in Natural Track Luge...

Frankly, I'm not so interested in new Artificial Track events at the Olympics, but I really like the idea of all the credits Natural Track Luge has with the IOC being finally recognized...

Finally the natural track.. it's an amazing sport and it deserve to be at the Olympics!

Edited by Gianlu33

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Finally the natural track.. it's an amazing sport and it deserve to be at the Olympics!

well, this is just FIL proposing for the new events...

it remains to be seen if the IOC agrees to give them some more space in the Olympic program...

Natural Track Luge was already almost sure to become Olympic before Torino 2006, but at the last moment the IOC slammed the door on our face...I wouldn't like to live another disappointing experience like that...

so, as the legenday Giovanni Trapattoni ("il Trap") says: "Non dire gatto, se non ce l'hai nel sacco!" :lol: :roflmao:  :rofl:

No, just no to those sprint events! :spank:

Go away!

And women's doubles?! For fuck's sake FIL, 2022 is only FOUR years from now! Women's doubles is not even remotely a 'thing' now, if they want it at the Olympics, they really need to start developing it right now and maybe, just maybe, think about adding it to the Olympics in 2030 or something...this is one of the worst winter sports ideas ever, I'm a bigger fan of X-Games events at the Olympics (which I don't like), than women's doubles (at this moment) or all those sprint events.. 

Natural track would be cool though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 months later...

Junior World Championships (Altenberg, GER)

Men's Singles:

1.Max Langenhan, GER  1:43.662

2.David Noessler, GER  1:44.247

3.Paul-Lukas Heider, GER  1:44.349

Women's Singles:

1.Jessica Tiebel, GER  1:23.951

2.Tatiana Tcvetova, RUS  1:24.373

3.Jessica Degenhardt, GER  1:24.385

Men's Doubles:

1.Nagler/Malleier, ITA  1:21.285

2.Orlamunder/Gubitz, GER  1:21.500

3.Kashkin/Korshunov, RUS  1:21.679