website statistics

Equestrian FEI Eventing European Championships 2017

dcro

Forgive me for using this expression, but it's the first time since 1973 that "Eastern" Europe will be hosting this event. :d Yeah, I know Poland isn't officially Eastern European nation, but more Eastern than Germany in any case. :p

Anyway, Nominated Entries have been published. These also include all the reserves, but the teams can choose the max of 6 athletes (4 team members + 2 individuals only). Some have already chosen their definite teams (can be checked here).

19 nations competing, a more diverse field than 2 years ago. :CZE:HUN:NOR are appearing after a long absence, Norway possibly first time ever (sadly there are no such records to check).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Forgive me for using this expression, but it's the first time since 1973 that "Eastern" Europe will be hosting this event. :d Yeah, I know Poland isn't officially Eastern European nation, but more Eastern than Germany in any case. :p

Anyway, Nominated Entries have been published. These also include all the reserves, but the teams can choose the max of 6 athletes (4 team members + 2 individuals only). Some have already chosen their definite teams (can be checked here).

19 nations competing, a more diverse field than 2 years ago. :CZE:HUN:NOR are appearing after a long absence, Norway possibly first time ever (sadly there are no such records to check).

You save me, i start to search the Italian entry when i see this topic but find news on our federations about it is impossible. Thanks agains :hatoff: 

So, French Olympic gold medal team is pretty much in tatters this year.

Astier Nicolas - sidelined after breaking his leg

Mathieu Lemoine - lost his horse after the Olympics

Karim Laghouag - failed to reach minimum eligibility standards with his Olympic horse:facepalm:

This leaves Thibaut Vallette as the only "surviving" member of that team. And yet, he is having a miserable year himself after picking cross-country jumping penalties in both of his competitions this year... However, I do expect some joy for France here. Maybe not in the team event, but Thomas Carlile & Upsilon might as well be the biggest candidates for the individual gold at the moment, a VERY exciting combination. The only thing that could bring them down is lack of experience I guess.

#banbestmen

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Looking this way Germany is also Eastern as it's more Eastern than France. Just in case you forgot Berlin was an Eastern city too. :p

20 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Looking this way Germany is also Eastern as it's more Eastern than France. Just in case you forgot Berlin was an Eastern city too. :p

:d

Well, in any case, I'm happy to see Poland hosting the event. :) Hopefully the home team will be inspired to do well, they have been struggling at the championship level for a while now unfortunately.

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

@OlympicIRL Only 63k to go for Jonty! :woot: It's happening. :d Glad that they should be able to attend Europeans now.

Wow!! Fantastic!! :woot:

There was a 6-figure donation made today :bowdown:

Competing at the Europeans will be a big bonus even if their performance will probably be a little off (due to all energies in recent weeks being devoted to fundraising and a very stressful period for Jonty).

83% of the way to the target, "just" another £63,000 to reach with 4 days to go :fingers:

Edited by OlympicIRL

And here are the last set of definite entries that were published today. There were 4 withdrawals in total: :IRL Evans, :FIN Siltakorpi, :FIN Jankari and :RUS Atrokhov. This leaves Finland at just one individual, instead of a 3-members team.

Championships start on Thursday.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen