website statistics

Weightlifting 2016 Discussion Thread

PetrC.

The mastermind of Kazakhstan Dopinglifting is now resigned ! this is his interview . you probably remember this guy "Alexey Ni" with his celebrations "Kazakhstan Number 1" !! :d

http://www.inform.kz/en/alexey-ni-my-resignation-is-a-sign-of-solidarity-with-my-team_a2973588

I still can't believe how come they let Kazakhstan participate in Rio in this sport ! almost their whole squad from 2008 and 2012 failed the test and they also had a big number of positive tests from 2015 Worlds ! beside that almost their whole 2016 squad had a history of doping suspension ! you can't find a country with a doping record worse than this in any sport ! Kazakhstan is indeed "number one" but in doping.

58 minutes ago, MHSN said:

The mastermind of Kazakhstan Dopinglifting is now resigned ! this is his interview . you probably remember this guy "Alexey Ni" with his celebrations "Kazakhstan Number 1" !! :d

http://www.inform.kz/en/alexey-ni-my-resignation-is-a-sign-of-solidarity-with-my-team_a2973588

I still can't believe how come they let Kazakhstan participate in Rio in this sport ! almost their whole squad from 2008 and 2012 failed the test and they also had a big number of positive tests from 2015 Worlds ! beside that almost their whole 2016 squad had a history of doping suspension ! you can't find a country with a doping record worse than this in any sport ! Kazakhstan is indeed "number one" but in doping.

That's such sad news, Ni was one of Rio's best providers of nice GIF's :cry::p 

Spoiler

z6hHeKz.gif

57b250df76b28-utfnsuxe452f.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Egypt officially awarded a bronze medal in men's -85kg in london OG after Apti Aukhadov from Russia was officially banned 

Yeah , not only Aukhadov, they redistributed few more medals.they closed the case and officially dsiqualified few more athletes like Chinshanlo, Maneza, Podobedova and Rybakov.

http://www.iwf.net/results/results-by-events/?event=21

http://www.iwf.net/results/results-by-events/?event=214

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Egypt officially awarded a bronze medal in men's -85kg in london OG after Apti Aukhadov from Russia was officially banned 

I'm sure this will happen sometime - but this decision will need to  be approved by the IOC before it becomes official.

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

I'm sure this will happen sometime - but this decision will need to  be approved by the IOC before it becomes official.

I'm sure you know better than me but if you read IOC reports they say

The IWF is requested to modify the results of the above-mentioned event accordingly and to consider any further action within its own competence.

Doesn't it mean that IOC will accept IWF's decision no matter what ? it's like they are saying they have done their part and it's now an IWF matter

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

I'm sure you know better than me but if you read IOC reports they say

The IWF is requested to modify the results of the above-mentioned event accordingly and to consider any further action within its own competence.

Doesn't it mean that IOC will accept IWF's decision no matter what ? it's like they are saying they have done their part and it's now an IWF matter

The IOC disqualify the cheats but then the IWF make recommendations as to who gets the medals.

Then the IOC decides if it agrees with those recommendations.

The IOC will  then announce the medal reallocations.

I'm sure this will happen sometime in the future but the IOC does not work very fast.

5 hours ago, Dragon said:

The IOC disqualify the cheats but then the IWF make recommendations as to who gets the medals.

Then the IOC decides if it agrees with those recommendations.

The IOC will  then announce the medal reallocations.

I'm sure this will happen sometime in the future but the IOC does not work very fast.

I think that it will happen during or after the 2017 IOC Session in Lima

• 3 weeks later...