website statistics

Figure Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

13 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

I think the chance was tiny anyway 

3 spots are blocked by CZ and north and South Korea 

one spot left....

South Korea has smaller chance for direct qualification than we had. They'll probably qualify as an extra pair for hosts (meaning there will be 21 pairs instead of 20)

#banbestmen

Am 29.8.2017 um 10:29 schrieb phelps:

Lipnitskaya apparently has serious problems with anorexia...

so, the situation is a lot more scaring than just having stopped her skating career...

I hope she can recover and get well again, sooner or later (possibly as soon as possible)...

I know, i didnt want to mention it here, because apparently its not confirmed by the russian federation. Their head said that he didnt hear anything about a retirement ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Am 29.8.2017 um 14:32 schrieb George_D:

Russia has Evgenia Medvedeva the world champion also :yes

Obviously ... i just cant cheer for her, she doesnt amaze me. Russia will always have multiple world class skaters, they have the best depth in the world.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I know, i didnt want to mention it here, because apparently its not confirmed by the russian federation. Their head said that he didnt hear anything about a retirement ...

Italian press has given it for official...

p.s. if we wait for confirmation by the Russians about things like this, we can get very, very old (and still waiting)...;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nebelhorn Trophy starts tomorrow in Germany... this is the last qualifying event for 2018 Winter Olympic Games.

Start Orders/ Results

Live Streaming

Apparently, France will be only using one of its two quotas in Pairs; likewise, it's not sure Denmark ice dancers will be competing next year at PyeongChang. Finally, rumor says that Swedish Olympic Committee asks for some though score (260 or more points) for their male skater to select him, and probably this points criteria is going to be applied to their women's competitor.

If both assumptions are correct,  then be additional qualifiers or reallocations are likely to happen.

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Apparently, France will be only using one of its two quotas in Pairs; likewise, it's not sure Denmark ice dancers will be competing next year at PyeongChang. Finally, rumor says that Swedish Olympic Committee asks for some though score (260 or more points) for their male skater to select him, and probably this points criteria is going to be applied to their women's competitor.

If both assumptions are correct,  then be additional qualifiers or reallocations are likely to happen.

I can pretty much guarantee that they won't. They didn't get the dispensation they tried to get.