website statistics

Figure Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

14 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

And Williams trolls herself onto another Olympics after being nowhere in the last few years...

Fun fact, she doesn't speak a word of Portuguese.

This happens all the time. Don't blame Williams for only performing when it counts. The American women do this all the time in Artistic Gymnastics and I haven't seen anyone complaining about it. 

Alexia Paganini qualified for Switzerland. She is a US based skater. Her native language is English and she speaks some German. I'm eagerly awaiting for @dcro to come back here and post about his dissatisfaction with Paganini for not speaking fluently Italian, French and Romansh, three languages that are also spoken in Switzerland.

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Alexia Paganini qualified for Switzerland. She is a US based skater. Her native language is English and she speaks some German. I'm eagerly awaiting for @dcro to come back here and post about his dissatisfaction with Paganini for not speaking fluently Italian, French and Romansh, three languages that are also spoken in Switzerland.

Yes, obviously. All Swiss speak all those languages. :p Both of her parents are Swiss though.

And she is literally performing once in 4 years apparently, much more seldom than those US gymnasts. Only championships results after Sochi were second to last place at the Four Continents in 2015 and 30th place at Worlds last season...

#banbestmen

11 minutos atrás, dcro disse:

Yes, obviously. All Swiss speak all those languages. :p Both of her parents are Swiss though.

And she is literally performing once in 4 years apparently, much more seldom than those US gymnasts. Only championships results after Sochi were second to last place at the Four Continents in 2015 and 30th place at Worlds last season...

So, does that mean that speaking (or not speaking) a language does not truly define one's nationality? Oh, I'm surprised. Who would have thought about this?

About the US women, Raisman and Douglas only came back to competition in late 2015, In artistic gymnastics, countries have to qualify for the World Championships immediately before the Olympics. So, this means that both Raisman and Douglas took a long time off and had other girls to work their asses off while they did nothing. Then, magically, they decided to compete again and made the team. The poor girls who worked hard in 2014 got nothing.

At least Williams is doing all her work herself.

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

So, does that mean that speaking (or not speaking) a language does not truly define one's nationality? Oh, I'm surprised. Who would have thought about this?

I think his name might be Mr. Sarcasm.

#banbestmen