website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2017

dareza

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone know anything about the background of Fanny Kreiss? I think she will be my new favorite fencer ...

In womens foil i think Deriglazova should win the gold comfortably, hopefully ahead of Thibus, who is one of my favorite female fencers.

Sauer did better than expected, while Ebert and Golubytskyi did very poorly, the same is true for the male german sabre fencers, very bad performances by all of them. German fencing is still shit and it will never change, not enough money and the money they have is wasted.

There are not so much information about her. She was 2nd at the Junior World Championship in 2008. She was 5th with Aida Mohamed and Gabriella Varga and Edina Knapek at the World Championship in 2011. She was 5th at the  European Championship in 2017.

Edited by lapaj

vor 46 Minuten schrieb lapaj:

There are not so much information about her. She was 2nd at the Junior World Championship in 2008. She was 5th with Aida Mohamed and Gabriella Varga and Edina Knapek at the World Championship in 2011. She was 5th at the  European Championship in 2017.

Thanks, any information about her family background? Any newspaper articles about her? Her surname doesnt sound like a typical hungarian name ... ? (Maybe it comes from the german word "Kreis", meaning circle ... or does the word "Kreiss" have any meaning in the hungarian language?)

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Thanks, any information about her family background? Any newspaper articles about her? Her surname doesnt sound like a typical hungarian name ... ? (Maybe it comes from the german word "Kreis", meaning circle ... or does the word "Kreiss" have any meaning in the hungarian language?)

Her club is the UTE (http://www.utevivas.hu/versenysport ), and her coach is her father, Kreiss Gábor ( http://www.utevivas.hu/edzoink ). I don't find any further information about her. No, their name is not Hungarian. It's German but I can't say they have German roots. (Kreiss means nothing in Hungarian. In Hungarian it sounds German too.)