web
analytics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
crovitlaci

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Leona Popović beats the likes of Sofia Goggia and Marta Bassino in the Nor-Am Cup giant slalom. :yikes: Looks like she really improved this year.

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

More tragic news out of Alberta. 17 year old Max Burkhart from Germany has died due to injuries he sustained during a training run for a NorAm Downhill in Lake Louise.

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, Nate River said:

More tragic news out of Alberta. 17 year old Max Burkhart from Germany has died due to injuries he sustained during a training run for a NorAm Downhill in Lake Louise.

second tragedy of this kind in just a few weeks...

we can say it's just bad luck...but I don't really think so...

we're now at a point where something has to be done (and quickly) to improve skiers' safety, especially during trainings and minor competitions...

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

image.png

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

Nice pattern. :d

Got it from a source that alpine combined is going to be dropped from the Olympics. I would assume the FIS will want to replace it, perhaps with a parallel event?

47 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Got it from a source that alpine combined is going to be dropped from the Olympics. I would assume the FIS will want to replace it, perhaps with a parallel event?

That would be horrible. Which means it could be true... 

• Like 1

I swear IOC is trying so hard to make Olympics look bad.

And succeeding (at least for me)...

• Like 1

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall