web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
crovitlaci

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Leona Popović beats the likes of Sofia Goggia and Marta Bassino in the Nor-Am Cup giant slalom. :yikes: Looks like she really improved this year.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More tragic news out of Alberta. 17 year old Max Burkhart from Germany has died due to injuries he sustained during a training run for a NorAm Downhill in Lake Louise.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nate River said:

More tragic news out of Alberta. 17 year old Max Burkhart from Germany has died due to injuries he sustained during a training run for a NorAm Downhill in Lake Louise.

 

second tragedy of this kind in just a few weeks...

we can say it's just bad luck...but I don't really think so...

we're now at a point where something has to be done (and quickly) to improve skiers' safety, especially during trainings and minor competitions...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!
As you can see, I'm always a crash guy on this thread. I'm trying to get as many as possible falls from FIS Alpine Skiing world. Mostly years 2000-now. I have already many clips and I'm sorting them like I do with clips posting on each year thread: year-month-day-competition-Number of skier and his 2nd name. It's kinda hard and time consuming. I don't say that I really need help, but if somebody have free time and like to help, you can post some falls here. Mostly I'm looking for years 2000-2005 and 2009-2011 because I don't have much clips from that years. Also, I'm looking for training falls if available. Or at least link to full event on YouTube if you will see. Most of them are in russian language :d

I will post here videos when I will have in my opinion complete season.

So, to sum up. Mostly looking for:
-crashes from years 00-05
-crashes from 09-11
-crashes from trainings
-ladies SG from Garmisch 22.01.17 and AC from Crans Montana 24.02.17

Or at least:
-links to guys who have full events
-yt pages with skiing crashes or even skiing crashes compilations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

 

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

 

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

Nice pattern. :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it from a source that alpine combined is going to be dropped from the Olympics. I would assume the FIS will want to replace it, perhaps with a parallel event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Got it from a source that alpine combined is going to be dropped from the Olympics. I would assume the FIS will want to replace it, perhaps with a parallel event?

That would be horrible. Which means it could be true... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...