website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Very sad news for Zuzulová and Slovakia :cry: How you will do the team event whitout her? 

Well we have enough athletes to compete in the team event, but of course the level will be too different and the eventual medal chance will gone away, but we still don´t know the results of the examinations, the hope dies last, so we still can hope that it´s not too serious, but you know this kind of injuries usually requires surgery and then at least 6 months rehabilitation, so if the worst scenario will be confirmed and she will need surgery her season, last slalom globe attempt, our olympic medal hopes and all her career will be definitely over

So here the news about Veronika Velez-Zuzulová.

This Friday She will pass a surgery in Lyon. It will be some super modern surgical procedure, after which she could return to the slopes in 2 months. As she said it´s a risk, but she will fight hard to complete her dream, to win this Olympic medal she is still missing.

Veronika ! what a fighter !!! :yes

here the english translation of her todays statement in her fb

I passed a visit at Dr. Bertrand Sonnery Cottet in Lyon, who also operated my knee last time.

My ligament is ruptured, after a normal surgery I´ll have to take a 6-8 month pause from sport.

However, there one modern procedure, I´ll pass it on Friday, after which I can start skiing in two months. It's a certain risk, but I'm not threatening either my knee or my health, so I'm going to do it. Because I will fight and walk for my dream until the end !

It would be helpful if these kind of high-profile athletes at least write some English on their fan pages :p 

(luckily we have our private translator) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

What the fuck....David Poisson of France has died after a downhill training crash in Canada today :cry:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Ski/Actualites/Le-skieur-francais-david-poisson-est-mort/850454

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Didn't know that, but apparently he and his wife/girlfriend had a little boy last year :(

It's just nothing, if compared to Poisson's tragedy...

but in any case it's some news to be reported...

Italian "lucky period" in this Olympic season continues...:rofl::facepalm::wall:

Elena Curtoni out for the rest of the year with ACL gone in her right leg (it happened yesterday, while she was training in GS in Colorado with our team)...:cry: