website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

Marco Odermatt (SUI) has won gold in the team event, downhill, super-G and alpine combined (so far) at the junior world champs, impressive :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And there's the giant slalom gold for Odermatt, that's 5 gold medals in 5 events, by far the best ever performance by any skier at a junior world championships :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Noel dotting the i's before the Olympics..

xgE408S.png

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dcro said:

Can't wait for this name to start winning some medals.

Screenshot_9.jpg.fa650133693a2c80fa17d4c576af3ef9.jpg

You mean Sara Dellantonio? Since that's the longest surname here in terms of syllables... :p 

7 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Wow,Tschurtschenthaler,that is really tongue breaker. :cool:

Actually it's really rather easy :d 

Personally I'd find Ignjatovic's name harder to pronounce, because of the 'gnj' (and I don't have troubles with that neither) :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Actually it's really rather easy :d 

Personally I'd find Ignjatovic's name harder to pronounce, because of the 'gnj' (and I don't have troubles with that neither) :p 

I know that our commentators are strugling even with easier german names, but this one would be problematic not just for them. :d That is experience i have from listening mostly english commentators pronouncing everything ouside anglo area. 

Yes,those consonants in serbian are tricky. Good pronounciation by non natives is rare. :d

• 3 weeks later...

Making a very, very long story short: Valon Behrami, some random footballer, is doing it with Lara :cry:

Spoiler

Guillermo Fayed has retired.