website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nate River said:

More tragic news out of Alberta. 17 year old Max Burkhart from Germany has died due to injuries he sustained during a training run for a NorAm Downhill in Lake Louise.

second tragedy of this kind in just a few weeks...

we can say it's just bad luck...but I don't really think so...

we're now at a point where something has to be done (and quickly) to improve skiers' safety, especially during trainings and minor competitions...

Hello!
As you can see, I'm always a crash guy on this thread. I'm trying to get as many as possible falls from FIS Alpine Skiing world. Mostly years 2000-now. I have already many clips and I'm sorting them like I do with clips posting on each year thread: year-month-day-competition-Number of skier and his 2nd name. It's kinda hard and time consuming. I don't say that I really need help, but if somebody have free time and like to help, you can post some falls here. Mostly I'm looking for years 2000-2005 and 2009-2011 because I don't have much clips from that years. Also, I'm looking for training falls if available. Or at least link to full event on YouTube if you will see. Most of them are in russian language :d

I will post here videos when I will have in my opinion complete season.

So, to sum up. Mostly looking for:
-crashes from years 00-05
-crashes from 09-11
-crashes from trainings
-ladies SG from Garmisch 22.01.17 and AC from Crans Montana 24.02.17

Or at least:
-links to guys who have full events
-yt pages with skiing crashes or even skiing crashes compilations

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

image.png

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Veronika Velez-Zuzulová started to train on snow last week after almost two months focusing on physical trainings in gym, finally received approvement from her doc to start skiing. Still don´t know when she will enter the competitions, but she said she is doing everything to be ready on that 2018 St. Valentines Day

From yesterdays training in Courchevel

Nice pattern. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

47 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Got it from a source that alpine combined is going to be dropped from the Olympics. I would assume the FIS will want to replace it, perhaps with a parallel event?

That would be horrible. Which means it could be true... 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!