website statistics

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Xander

Also Egil Gjeland became today the coach of the Czech Women´s Team ! The Norwegian will be assisted by his fellow-countryman Anders Magus Bratli, Kateřina Emmons the well known former Olympic shooting star will be the shooting coach.

Gjeland will replace Zdenék Vítek who will move as a head coach to the Men´s Team (will be also helped by Bratli as assistant). Gjeland is the first ever foreign coach in Czech National Biathlon team.

Well crap. That can't be good for IBU's development program for smaller nations.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Darya Domracheva officially finished her career today

Can't help, but figure that a lot of the decision power was influenced by Bjoerndalen...

Darya was looking great, potential winner of the crystal globe next season. I can't say that she was my favourite biathlete, nor have I ever rooted for her, but too soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Meanwhile Ukrainian fans started "leaving" our biathlon since the women's team had been headed by the Russian with a doping history :facepalm:

Semerenko sisters openly went against Merkushyna and Varvynets (1 day before their race at the Olympics) saying that the federation is unprofessional and those girls didn't deserve their place in that race even despite Valja flopped the final training/preselection. The team is still a divided mess with unhealthy relationships.

Both Semerenkos like the new Russian. Merkushyna and Varvynets have their own coaches. Since Uros Velepec has been fired, Dzhyma trains with the :SLO Slovenian team because his methods suit her well. She hinted at sisters saying that there's no team spirit and she hasn't talked to anyone in the team for a long time, even at the Olympics o__0.

Pidhrushna says neutral stuff but knowing her position I'm 100% sure she can't stand the new coach and what's going on with the team right now. She didn't go training with that group ... supposedly because of a minor shoulder injury ;)

I cheer only for Dzhyma, Pidhrushna, Merkyshyna & our men's team because the women's team is a huge disastrous mess.

Varvynets refused from a surgery meaning that she will probably never improve to her best level.

Vitaliy Kilchitskiy is back. Thank gawd that Russian dopingophile is not their coach - Kilya would physically assaulted him (not joking, I'm dead serious). But he didn't compete for a long time so I don't expect gr8 results from him.

Serhiy & Aita :wub:

CyRbhvy.jpg

Edited by Xander