Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Xander

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

IBU tightened their punishment for doping :cool:

http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/press-release-ibu-executive-board-meeting

 

From now national federations will be stripped off their quotas.

 

2 doping offenders = 2 quota places

3 doping offenders = 2 quota places during 2 subsequent seasons

...

6 doping offenders = the whole national federation is banned from 2 to 4 years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2018/19 calendar:

 

SLO/Pokljuka 03-09.12.2018
AUT/Hochfilzen 10-16.12.2018
CZE/ Nove Mesto 17-23.12.2018*

GER/Oberhof 07-13.01.2019
GER/Ruhpolding 14-20.01.2019
ITA/Antholz 21-27.01.2019

CAN/Canmore 04-10.02.2019
USA/Soldier Hollow 11-17.02.2019
WCH Östersund/SWE 07-17.03.2019
NOR/Oslo 18-24.03.2019

 

*dates to be confirmed)

 

No Russia.

 

Edited by Xander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Xander said:

 

2018/19 calendar:

 

SLO/Pokljuka 03-09.12.2018
AUT/Hochfilzen 10-16.12.2018
CZE/ Nove Mesto 17-23.12.2018*

GER/Oberhof 07-13.01.2019
GER/Ruhpolding 14-20.01.2019
ITA/Antholz 21-27.01.2019

CAN/Canmore 04-10.02.2019
USA/Soldier Hollow 11-17.02.2019
WCH Östersund/SWE 07-17.03.2019
NOR/Oslo 18-24.03.2019

 

*dates to be confirmed)

 

No Russia.

 

Nice to seen Nove Mesto back on the calendar, their fans and venue atmosphere are pretty crazy. Also, it will be fairly surreal to not start the season with Ostersund. :p

Edited by Werloc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Nice to seen Nove Mesto back on the calendar, their fans and venue atmosphere are pretty crazy. Also, it will be fairly surreal to not start the season with Ostersund. :p

Plus, this sadly means Kontiolahti with the fantastic Wall of Kontiolahti* is already out again. Annecy (and Tyumen) as well, but meh, don't care about that :p 

 

*which is still nothing compared to the epic climb at the start of the lap in Arber (GER), but alright

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 godzin temu, Xander napisał:

2018/19 calendar:

 

SLO/Pokljuka 03-09.12.2018
AUT/Hochfilzen 10-16.12.2018
CZE/ Nove Mesto 17-23.12.2018*

GER/Oberhof 07-13.01.2019
GER/Ruhpolding 14-20.01.2019
ITA/Antholz 21-27.01.2019

CAN/Canmore 04-10.02.2019
USA/Soldier Hollow 11-17.02.2019

WCH Östersund/SWE 07-17.03.2019
NOR/Oslo 18-24.03.2019

 

*dates to be confirmed)

 

No Russia.

 

I'm so happy that we will have again two world cup stages in North America :) Both Canada and USA deserve for hosting world cup every season. But I'm worried that once again at both these stages some good athletes might skip it, because it's just 2-3 weeks before World Championships :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm so happy that we will have again two world cup stages in North America :) Both Canada and USA deserve for hosting world cup every season. But I'm worried that once again at both these stages some good athletes might skip it, because it's just 2-3 weeks before World Championships :/

At least I hope the atmosphere will be better than the last time they were in the USA, when there were like 5 people watching, the TV direction was awful and they planned it in such a time that the last athletes were competing in semi-darkness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Pidhrushna has a worse night vision than everyone else in our team and she was on the last-leg in the Presque Isle relay ... she said she literally didn't see the targets and only god knows how she found the way and finished :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

At least I hope the atmosphere will be better than the last time they were in the USA, when there were like 5 people watching, the TV direction was awful and they planned it in such a time that the last athletes were competing in semi-darkness. 

Presque Isle and Fort Kent are both in the middle of the woods, fwiw. So not surprised they would have attendence problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got some 'interesting' weather in Sjusjoen..

 

 

I'm not sure what I hope for tomorrow: a bit of a lottery kind of race might increase the chances for the Brazilians to get a good IBU points score (if they shoot well and the rest starts messing up a bit, like Gabi did in the Arber individual until her 4th shooting bout), but seeing as they have brand new rifles and that's actually going pretty well this week (their first week of using them), it might be better if it's not windy and they can actually use their shooting abilities :p 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russian officials wanted to spoil Vita Semerenko's doping test and blame her in a doping offense.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/sports/olympics/russian-doping.html

 

They wanted to commit this crime at the 2013 Race of Champions in Moscow. Unlike at the World Cup the doping procedure wasn't anonymous there. They saw her name and they had a full access to her test.

Like it wasn't enough Olga Vilukhina stole her silver in Sochi.

 

It's almost midnight in Ostersund but some people in our federation are already shocked & speechless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Xander said:

Russian officials wanted to spoil Vita Semerenko's doping test and blame her in a doping offense.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/sports/olympics/russian-doping.html

 

They wanted to commit this crime at the 2013 Race of Champions in Moscow. Unlike at the World Cup the doping procedure wasn't anonymous there. They saw her name and they had a full access to her test.

Like it wasn't enough Olga Vilukhina stole her silver in Sochi.

 

It's almost midnight in Ostersund but some people in our federation are already shocked & speechless.

Well that's just disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×