website statistics

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Xander

For another year, Team Lithuania managed to survive without retirements, although after this Olympic season ends, it's a question if we'll even have enough people for relays anymore :(

We're divided into team A and B this year

Tomas Kaukėnas

Karol Dombrovski

Vytautas Strolia

Diana Rasimovičiūtė

Natalija Kočergina

and

Rokas Suslavičius

Deivid Demkov

Linas Banys

Natalija Paulauskaitė

Gabrielė Leščinskaitė

Koukalova is out until January now, so instead of missing Östersund, she'll now also miss Hochfilzen and Grand-Bornand...this is only getting more and more worrying.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Biathlon/Actualites/Gabriela-koukalova-absente-jusqu-en-janvier/848752

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Koukalova is out until January now, so instead of missing Östersund, she'll now also miss Hochfilzen and Grand-Bornand...this is only getting more and more worrying.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Biathlon/Actualites/Gabriela-koukalova-absente-jusqu-en-janvier/848752

Seeing as Wierer has been going a bit downhill (pun may or may be not intended) and Makarainen's constant psychological problems, it might end up being a fairly easy year for Dahlmeier, unless some of the other German and French youngsters have improved considerably over the year.

3 hours ago, Werloc said:

Seeing as Wierer has been going a bit downhill (pun may or may be not intended) and Makarainen's constant psychological problems, it might end up being a fairly easy year for Dahlmeier, unless some of the other German and French youngsters have improved considerably over the year.

That'd be fitting for what might very well be Dahlmeier's last year. I'm already having mixed feelings about whether or not I should be happy when she wins Olympic gold. Happy because Dahlmer :wub: but unhappy because it would likely be the end of her career :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That'd be fitting for what might very well be Dahlmeier's last year. I'm already having mixed feelings about whether or not I should be happy when she wins Olympic gold. Happy because Dahlmer :wub: but unhappy because it would likely be the end of her career :( 

You could even say she's another Neuner.

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

You could even say she's another Neuner.

That exactly the comparison that has been made a lot..I really do hope she continues after Pyeongchang, but I highly doubt it. Oh well, by that time Bruna (Moura) gets to the World Cup and I don't need Dahlmeier as favourite World Cup-biathlete anymore :cool:

Edited by heywoodu

For those interested, Bruna (Moura) will have an interview here in 5 minutes or so :p 

http://tudotv.tv/assistir-sportv-2-ao-vivo-2400-horas-online-em-hd-gratis/

(Do turn on your adblocker)

Dzhyma caught some virus infection in Norway and missed 5 days of trainings so she won't start in Sjusjøen this Saturday ((

However she will start training tomorrow and most def she will be in shape for Ostersund.

8 Ukrainian girls applied for the sprint on Saturday. 6 from the main team + 2 from the team B. Everyone else from the team B will compete on Friday.