Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Xander

Biathlon 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

The Junior WCH 2015 winner (sprint) :BLR Darya Blashko can switch her team & citizenship to :UKR Ukraine.

They are called Ukrainian biathletes by our main sportswear distributor.

The rumours about Maria Panfilova switching back to Ukraine appeared in June and now both bought Ukrainian sportswear.

Panfilova's results are tragic though. Blashko will be a nice addition to the next Olympic cycle when Semerenko sisters (and Pidhrushna?) retire.

EDIT: Both of them train with our "Team B" so it's confirmed.

Edited by Xander

Russian Ministry of Sports awarded Starykh & Loginov with the highest sports title in Russia of "Honoured Master of Sport" :facepalm:

We have the same title in our system btw, but it can be stripped off only in 1 case - doping abuse :lol:

Meanwhile the rumours say that Uros Velepec can come back to coaching Slovenian team after these OG end.

Edited by Xander

Team Slovakia for the Summer Biathlon World Championships in Tchaikovsky (RUS) August 22. - 27. 2017

Matej Kazár, Tomáš Hasilla, Martin Otčenáš, and Michal Šima will compete in the men´s category --- oh dear...

The amazing sisters Paulína Fialková and Ivona Fialková will represent our nation in the women´s events.

Among the Juniors Šimon Bartko, Matej Baloga, Veronika Machyniaková and Júlia Machyniaková

and btw Huge News:

WE WILL CHANGE SUITS FOR THE NEW SEASON !!! YES, No more Orange :bowdown:

here are the proposals, the final decision will be revealed soon

image.jpeg

17 часов назад, hckosice сказал:

YES, No more Orange :bowdown:

Thank god :yes as long as it doesn't merge with a bunch of similar tricolor suits. Thankfully there's a cross on the left shoulder.

• Like 1

Another junior WCH winner :KAZ Arina Pantova switches her team to :RUS Russia. 

• Sad 1

I like orange suits, but only for the Netherlands :d (or maybe Ivory Coast, but I've got a feeling they might be a little far away from participating in international biathlon)

This new Slovak suit is a million times better :bowdown:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This new Slovak suit is a million times better :bowdown:

Nah, orange was cool because you immediately spotted them. Meanwhile, which other countries have red, white and blue flag? :mumble:

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Nah, orange was cool because you immediately spotted them. Meanwhile, which other countries have red, white and blue flag? :mumble:

But I don't see how orange makes sense. For the non-existing Dutch team that'd make sense, just like for example that all-blue of Italy makes sense despite it not being in their flag (much better than the red of a while back). It shouldn't only be easily spottable, it should also make sense :d 

The South American championships are being held in Portillo in Chile this week, at around 3000 meters altitude so that's nice. Judging by the photo, three nations made it to the podium, with Maria Dominguez of Argentina taking the gold, silver for Claudia Salcedo of Chile and bronze for Brazilian Mika Picin (who won the Brazilian championship, although as far as I know she was the only Brazilian competing, so, yeah..)

20707913_1410092469027814_45102767738604

• Like 1

So, we've got all results of the South American championships apparently. I only found the top-3 + the Brazilian results, there are at least ten men missing in the results between 4th and 10th who must be Argentinians and Chileans then, I'll update when I find those :p 

Men's sprint
1. Axel Ciuffo (Argentina)
2. Damian Barcos (Argentina)
3. Yonathan Fernandez (Chile)

11. Fabrizio Bourguignon (Brazil) --> meaning he's now the Brazilian champion

12. Leandro Lutz (Brazil)

14. Lucas Martins (Brazil)

Men's mass start

1. Axel Ciuffo (Argentina)
2. Damian Barcos (Argentina)
3. Yonathan Fernandez (Chile)

7. Fabrizio Bourguignon (Brazil) 

11. Leandro Lutz (Brazil)

15. Lucas Martins (Brazil)

Women's sprint

1. Maria Cecilia Dominguez (Argentina)

2. Claudia Salcedo (Chile)

3. Mirlene Picin (Brazil)

Women's mass start

1. Maria Cecilia Dominguez (Argentina)

2. Claudia Salcedo (Chile)

3. Mirlene Picin (Brazil)

Four competitions, around 20 athletes in total I guess, and all I can find about the shooting is that Bourguignon missed 'only' 5 shots in the mass start and that only one person (no idea who) did better in that race :p 

A bit old, but did found that just today, :d Our women´s team during the summer preparation found some "rest time" to celebrate Paulína Fialková name day with some notable hiking :d

image.jpeg