web
analytics
Jump to content
dcro

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Norwegian news states that the Bogota races and a race in Turkey weren't done right meaning that those qualified through those races shouldn't have been so!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Agger said:

Norwegian news states that the Bogota races and a race in Turkey weren't done right meaning that those qualified through those races shouldn't have been so!

What do they mean with 'not done right'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What do they mean with 'not done right'?

 

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

Well, only one way to find out. Do you happen to have a link to something about it? I can't find it on NRK :p 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, perfect example of why the whole FIS points system absolutely sucks monkey balls in both cross-country skiing and alpine skiing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

 

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Agger said:

 

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

 

The way I understand it, they suspect that the same happened in Bogota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...