web
analytics
dcro

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

Norwegian news states that the Bogota races and a race in Turkey weren't done right meaning that those qualified through those races shouldn't have been so!

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Norwegian news states that the Bogota races and a race in Turkey weren't done right meaning that those qualified through those races shouldn't have been so!

What do they mean with 'not done right'?

49 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What do they mean with 'not done right'?

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

30 minutes ago, Agger said:

Stopping the automatic timing and using handtiming. From what I understand, the handtiming purposely made the time differences smaller.

Well, only one way to find out. Do you happen to have a link to something about it? I can't find it on NRK :p 

By the way, perfect example of why the whole FIS points system absolutely sucks monkey balls in both cross-country skiing and alpine skiing.

43 minutes ago, Agger said:

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Reading this article, I only see this timing issue about the race in Turkey, which was proven because it was recorded on camera by mobile phone. But nothing about Bogota? 

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

you're right. But they do state that the Bogota results shouldn't have been counted.

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

Just now, heywoodu said:

But I see no reason for that being mentioned, other than just 7 people being there (which has nothing to do with cheating, but with FIS having shitty rules). 

The way I understand it, they suspect that the same happened in Bogota