website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

happy birthday :toast:

Thank you :d 

I thought, 'let me sneak that in the South American cross-country skiing report really subtle' :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 weeks later...

Four days, four races in the sports park of São Carlos, starting today :cheer:

So far Bruna is 12 out of 12 in her career for races in Brazil (still never been beaten), so let's keep that going today :d 

@MHSN First ever FIS races in Tehran this month, that's pretty cool :p 

49074f8a07.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well, today's women's race is already cancelled because there's not enough competitors 

Face With Rolling Eyes on Facebook 2.2

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Well I'm almost sure this is not the first FIS race in Tehran, they held so many competitions in ski resorts of Tehran.

Shemshak, Emamzadeh Hashem and Dizin are the only other three places in Iran where FIS cross-country competitions have been held, but I have no idea if they are ski resorts of/near Tehran :p 

This is definitely the first one that's actually listed as Tehran (rollerskiing instead of XC, but still). 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Shemshak, Emamzadeh Hashem and Dizin are the only other three places in Iran where FIS cross-country competitions have been held, but I have no idea if they are ski resorts of/near Tehran :p 

This is definitely the first one that's actually listed as Tehran (rollerskiing instead of XC, but still). 

I see , didn't notice the difference, people here mostly consider Shemshak, Tochal, E. Hashem and Dizin as parts of Tehran !

yes they are all ski resorts near Tehran, Tehran is next to mountains, so many ski resorts here.

2 hours ago, dcro said:

:ECU Jungbluth scored some great FIS points in yesterday's race. :thumbup: His average is now 308, so he should be able to secure first ever Ecuadorian qualification by the end of the Sao Carlos races.:cheer:

Hopefully, but he scored 487 points today!! He needs to improve his 5th score, currently 375, so something around 330 points should be enough to send him to PyeongChang!