website statistics

Ice Hockey 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

phelps

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Oleg Znarok is no more the Russian NT coach :yikes: may be a huge blow for Russian hockey, he´ll not even coach the team at the upcomming Wch http://www.espn.com/olympics/hockey/story/_/id/23131202/oleg-znarok-steps-russia-hockey-coach

Oh well, he got the gold that counted :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh well, he got the gold that counted :p 

well, there a huge difference between Russian NT before Znaroks and Russian NT under Znaroks. Russian players may be extremely skilled and fantastic players but they are also too much individualists, they always struggled because of this, It was always the same, impossible to see a formed group, in the crucial moments the stars tried to solve everything individually (like the notorious "I no need anyone" Alex Radulov) but this changed under Znaroks, the players respected him, maybe because they were too scared, I admit I would too, the guy is a bit sick :p

giphy.gif

shouting.gif?w=640

Now you can expect the return of Anarchy in the Russian NT, many small groups killing the compact united force of the team

Anarchy in the team, that sounds fun :d 

popcorn.gif 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

AK Bars and CSKA are playing the OT in game #3 of the KHL final series (AK Bars won the first 2 games at home, both with the score of 2-1)...

by the way, the score is 2-2 after 60 mins (we're now at the 71st minute, OT included)...

today there are also many other National Leagues final series under way...

in Slovakia, Banskà Bystrica could close the series against Dukla Trencin, as they lost today's game #4 at home by a score of 4-2.

However they still lead 3-1 and will have 3 more chances to successfully defend their title.

in the Czech Republic, Kometa Brno won 3-2 the 3rd game of the series and now they lead 2-1 in the final series against Ocelari Trinec.

Game #4 is scheduled for tomorrow, once again in Brno.

in Germany, Eisbären Berlin and Red Bull Munich are playing right now their game #3 (series tied 1-1, Munich 3-1 ahead at the beginning of the 3rd period in game #3).

In Switzerland, Zurich and Lugano are playing right now in Zurich game #4 of their final series...and Zurich is leading the series 2-1 (but Lugano is 2-1 ahead halfway through the second period in game #4).

In Sweden and Finland today there are no games, but we are at the climax also in those leagues.

In Sweden, Växjö Lakers HC are leading 1-0 in the final series against Skellefteå, meanwhile in Finland the finals are between Kärpät Oulu and Tappara Tampere, with the first leading 1-0 in the series.

In both those leagues, game #2 of the finals is scheduled for tomorrow.

p.s. I'm just going crazy while I'm trying to watch KHL, DEL and NLA games at the same time between TV and PC...:yikes::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

also the DEL game is over...RB Munich dominated this match (4-1 the final score) and now they are 2-1 ahead in the series (game #4 in Berlin on Friday)...

in the Swiss final, instead, Zurich have tied tonight's game...now it's 2-2 with just over 15 minutes to play in regulation...

by the way, in my previous recap I forgot the EBEL final series...Red Bull Salzburg and HC Bolzano/Bozen Foxies are putting on quite a show and are now tied 3-3.

Tomorrow night (puck drop @ 20.20 CET, live for free on Servus TV HD official page on Youtube) in Salzburg a thrilling and decisive game #7 will end up this year's championship.

I just can't wait for that one...:bounce: