website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Medal predictions for Portland:

http://trackandfieldnews.com/index.php/category-formcharts/2890-2016-world-indoor-champs-men-s-medal-picks

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Ivana Španović from Croatia :facepalm: How could they pick the winners when they don't even know the country..

13 hours ago, nenad said:

Ivana Španović from Croatia :facepalm: How could they pick the winners when they don't even know the country..

In general they have very interesting picks, i think they are overstimating american athletes in most disciplines. In womens long jump they didnt predict a medal for the top 2 in world ranking, which is very interesting ... :mumble:

Nataliia Lupu (2nd at 2012 world indoor championships) wont be allowed to compete, she apparently took Meldonium for a couple of years as a medicine.

At the 2014 world indoor championships she tested positive for Methylhexaneamine and therefore got a 9 months ban.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

In general they have very interesting picks, i think they are overstimating american athletes in most disciplines.

It's an American site...they also always think Galen Rupp will win most races and Jenny Simpson is the clear favorite in every 1500m she runs :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's an American site...they also always think Galen Rupp will win most races and Jenny Simpson is the clear favorite in every 1500m she runs :d 

I know, but some predictions are still pretty "brave" ...

Gold for Berian and Centrowitz?

Bronze for Kendricks? I would favor Braz ...

Two medals in mens triple jump?

Gold in womens long jump?

BUT: Only bronze in womens high jump?

Some american fans are really going crazy over Cunningham. Some of them predict her to jump world record (2.09) as a junior (until the end of 2017), although she just set a PB of 1.99 ...

Well to be fair, jumping 1.95 and 1.99 when you're only barely 18 is seriously impressive.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Where I can see replay of competiton in Portland tomorrow? Today there are pole vaults, but it´s in 4.05 my time. I don´t wake up so early so I need replay tomorrow. Where I can see it?