website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I really dont see the problem here, our serbian friend didnt say anything wrong (sorry, i cant "understand" his name ...).

Our romanian friend said that he "supposedly" tested positive, but i think there is no doubt that he tested positive (A-sample) and our serbian friend didnt say anything else. His A-sample was positive, we still have to wait for the B-sample.

If he really testes positive before the start of the junior world championships and romanian federation knew about it, then they never should have allowed him to compete there, i completely agree with our serbian friend about this, he stole a medal from someone else and that should not have been allowed.

This particular case is strange; Toader has been tested negative 10 times this year, before and after the domestic competition where he tested positive. He has a conflict with the chairman of Romanian Athletics Federation, who rejoiced publicly when the doping announcement came out. That's why I ask you to wait until this matter ends officially. If he was doped, yeah, what you say is true - he stole a medal from someone else.

Edit: how can i upload a file here? i wanna show you Toader's tests in 2016

Edited by zob79

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I really dont see the problem here, our serbian friend didnt say anything wrong (sorry, i cant "understand" his name ...).

Our romanian friend said that he "supposedly" tested positive, but i think there is no doubt that he tested positive (A-sample) and our serbian friend didnt say anything else. His A-sample was positive, we still have to wait for the B-sample.

If he really tested positive before the start of the junior world championships and romanian federation knew about it, then they never should have allowed him to compete there, i completely agree with our serbian friend about this, he stole a medal from someone else and that should not have been allowed.

I agree (also about not knowing how to write the Serbian's name, my keyboard doesn't have those letters :p ), but the question is whether or not the Romanian federation knew about it. It's possible - and I think that's what happened - that he tested positive at a competition a while back, and the positive result came back just now, after the Junior Worlds. In that case of course there's nothing the Romanian federation could have done, because you can't stop someone from competing when there is no positive test yet. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I agree (also about not knowing how to write the Serbian's name, my keyboard doesn't have those letters :p ), but the question is whether or not the Romanian federation knew about it. It's possible - and I think that's what happened - that he tested positive at a competition a while back, and the positive result came back just now, after the Junior Worlds. In that case of course there's nothing the Romanian federation could have done, because you can't stop someone from competing when there is no positive test yet. 

Yeah, that's the case, the announcement from Romanian Anti-Doping Agency came out on Friday

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

His name is Maikl :d or Michael on english :d 

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

it's actually written in Russian

vor 18 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Its correct that we shouldnt call him a cheater before B sample also is positive, its unfair for the athlete, although i would say that about 99% of the B samples are also positive. I think its ok to say something like "His A sample was positive and if the B sample is also positive, then ...", we definitely should be allowed to mention that his A sample was positive, before we know the result of his B sample.

Interesting question: Do you think that its possible that romanian federation knew about the positive A sample, but still wanted to give him the chance to compete at the junior world championships, in case that his B sample is negative?

What are the rules? Should someone with a positive A sample be forbidden to compete before we know the result of the B sample?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

52 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Its correct that we shouldnt call him a cheater before B sample also is positive, its unfair for the athlete, although i would say that about 99% of the B samples are also positive. I think its ok to say something like "His A sample was positive and if the B sample is also positive, then ...", we definitely should be allowed to mention that his A sample was positive, before we know the result of his B sample.

Interesting question: Do you think that its possible that romanian federation knew about the positive A sample, but still wanted to give him the chance to compete at the junior world championships, in case that his B sample is negative?

What are the rules? Should someone with a positive A sample be forbidden to compete before we know the result of the B sample?

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm 99% sure that a positive A sample automatically leads to a provisional suspension, since the B sample is positive as well in almost all cases. So I really don't think it's likely that the Romanian federation knew about it before the junior worlds. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Record alert!

Elzan Bibic clocked 13:51.40 to finish eighth in the 5000m at the World Junior Championships in Bydgoszcz.

The 17-year-old's time was the fastest by a European youth, improving Stefano Mei's record of 13:55.91 which has stood since 1980.

Mexico's Guadalupe Gonzalez will be upgraded to Gold medal in this year's Race Walk World Cup, due to doping by China's Hong Liu. Apaprently the Chinese was administered the substance by means of a massage lotion; she will compete in the Olympics, as she only received a one month suspension and the loss of her medal.

article in Spanish