website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

12 hours ago, dareza said:

Toader was positive on doping :facepalm:

Correction, he was negative in Poland, as he was in previous 10 WADA controls this year. He supposedly was tested positive at a domestic contest; however, you missed school that day we learned that until the finish of the investigation the athlete is considered innocent.

9 hours ago, zob79 said:

Correction, he was negative in Poland, as he was in previous 10 WADA controls this year. He supposedly was tested positive at a domestic contest; however, you missed school that day we learned that until the finish of the investigation the athlete is considered innocent.

Supposedly? Are you being serious? :rofl: One is either tested positive or negative, there's no third option.

If he had really been tested positive, Romanian federation should've suspended him.

Edited by Майкл

4 hours ago, Майкл said:

Supposedly? Are you being serious? :rofl: One is either tested positive or negative, there's no third option.

If he had really been tested positive, Romanian federation should've suspended him.

Yes, I'm serious :cheer:

I see English language has many secrets you haven't unraveled yet. "supposedly" means the B sample hasn't been analysed, thus this case is yet to be concluded and the athlete is considered innocent until the finish of the investigation, so some internet trolls should behave

Edited by zob79

A-sample was positive, meaning he should be provisionally suspended and probably he is. 

B-sample will most likely be positive (only in extremely rare cases the B-sample comes back negative), and then he should get the real ban.

Until then, he's a suspected athlete, not a convicted doper yet, but someone who will most likely be a convicted doper quite soon. 

It's really that simple :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A-sample was positive, meaning he should be provisionally suspended and probably he is. 

B-sample will most likely be positive (only in extremely rare cases the B-sample comes back negative), and then he should get the real ban.:bounce:

Until then, he's a suspected athlete, not a convicted doper yet, but someone who will most likely be a convicted doper quite soon. 

Evrika! you have found it. I said exactly the same things, btw :bounce:

My emphasis is on the principle of not being guilty until proven, which is a step stone of democracy; is it that difficult for some trolls to contain themselves until he is fukin PROVEN GUILTY? then they can rejoice all over

Edited by zob79

Just now, zob79 said:

Evrika! you have found it. I said exactly the same things, btw :bounce:

My emphasis is on the principle of not being guilty until proven, which is a step stone of democracy; is it that difficult for some trolls to contain themselves until he is fukin PROVEN GUILTY

I think it's because of the way you have reacted to some positives from other nations (the Hungarians, for example). Anyway, let's all try and treat every situation like this, no matter if they are from Romania, Hungary, the Netherlands or whatever ;)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I think it's because of the way you have reacted to some positives from other nations (the Hungarians, for example). Anyway, let's all try and treat every situation like this, no matter if they are from Romania, Hungary, the Netherlands or whatever ;)

That would be perfect

vor 10 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

B-sample will most likely be positive (only in extremely rare cases the B-sample comes back negative), and then he should get the real ban.

I really dont see the problem here, our serbian friend didnt say anything wrong (sorry, i cant "understand" his name ...).

Our romanian friend said that he "supposedly" tested positive, but i think there is no doubt that he tested positive (A-sample) and our serbian friend didnt say anything else. His A-sample was positive, we still have to wait for the B-sample.

If he really tested positive before the start of the junior world championships and romanian federation knew about it, then they never should have allowed him to compete there, i completely agree with our serbian friend about this, he stole a medal from someone else and that should not have been allowed.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.