website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Those Brazilian clothes could have been more.....Brazilian if you ask me.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, panda said:

Where I can see replay of competiton in Portland tomorrow? Today there are pole vaults, but it´s in 4.05 my time. I don´t wake up so early so I need replay tomorrow. Where I can see it?

Eurosport TV have also a recap/highlights in the morning (in Italy 11:00 CET) and in the afternoon (Eu 2 Tv)

Lavillenie took the gold with only 2 attempts. One at 5,75 second at 5,90. He then for exhibition jumped over 6,02 also in first attempt and failed at 6,17 which would be a world record.

On women's side it was good competition, first time ever 5 athletes going over 4,70 and 4 over 4,80.

4 minutes ago, nenad said:

Lavillenie took the gold with only 2 attempts. One at 5,75 second at 5,90. He then for exhibition jumped over 6,02 also in first attempt and failed at 6,17 which would be a world record.

On women's side it was good competition, first time ever 5 athletes going over 4,70 and 4 over 4,80.

I was surprised Lavillenie actually tried 6,17m the full three times :p 

Unfortuntely I didn't really see an interesting competition. The apparently interesting part of the women's competition happened pretty much during the time in which I had fallen asleep and after I woke up there was only Suhr vs Morris left and the last jumps of Stefanidi and Büchler, which weren't really exciting :p

And the men's competition...good to see at least a 6+, but the way Lavillenie dominated made it kinda boring in my opinion. I would have liked to see him pass the world record :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I was surprised Lavillenie actually tried 6,17m the full three times :p 

Unfortuntely I didn't really see an interesting competition. The apparently interesting part of the women's competition happened pretty much during the time in which I had fallen asleep and after I woke up there was only Suhr vs Morris left and the last jumps of Stefanidi and Büchler, which weren't really exciting :p

And the men's competition...good to see at least a 6+, but the way Lavillenie dominated made it kinda boring in my opinion. I would have liked to see him pass the world record :d 

It was nice to see one of these disciplines getting the full attention, not like in live broadcasts when heats in track events are more on the screen than finals in field events.

Buchler was a nice surprise in women's event, with 32 years she broke personal best and national indoor record with 4,80 and two years ago that would've given her a gold, now not even a medal. Young girl from NZ also seems to have much potential. On the men's side I agree, not very interesting, because we do have one of the best athletes of all time dominating so much, but it was fun when he went over 6,02 and attempting at WR.

Just now, nenad said:

It was nice to see one of these disciplines getting the full attention, not like in live broadcasts when heats in track events are more on the screen than finals in field events.

Buchler was a nice surprise in women's event, with 32 years she broke personal best and national indoor record with 4,80 and two years ago that would've given her a gold, now not even a medal. Young girl from NZ also seems to have much potential. On the men's side I agree, not very interesting, because we do have one of the best athletes of all time dominating so much, but it was fun when he went over 6,02 and attempting at WR.

Yeah I hated that Büchler had that fantastic jump apparently right before I woke up :wall:

And I completely agree about your first sentence. Sometimes in the background during some track event you normally already hear the audience cheer for a great jump, so when you see the jump you basically already know the result. This way was very good and they could maybe even have made the program a little bigger (like including a long jump final or something, there's plenty of time). 

15 hours ago, hukbrazil said:

Some uniforms of Nike for Rio 2016:

I really like the german and the american kits, they look very elegant. The brazilian and kenyan kits dont look very special.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.