website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

About the women, I don't know..I guess I'd vote for Thompson or Harrison. Probably Harrison.

About the men I guess there really can't be a lot of doubt that Van Niekerk should win it? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

No Matej Tóth :( so predictable...none care about race walk

I do :d 

In fact, right after the Olympics I made a list on a Dutch forum with my 20-30 highlights of the Games (and one with my 20-30 "lows"), and I am pretty sure the 50k race walk was first or second :p 

Mostly because Evan Dunfee's epic walk, the drama around Diniz and Toth finishing it off in grande style :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I do :d 

In fact, right after the Olympics I made a list on a Dutch forum with my 20-30 highlights of the Games (and one with my 20-30 "lows"), and I am pretty sure the 50k race walk was first or second :p 

Mostly because Evan Dunfee's epic walk, the drama around Diniz and Toth finishing it off in grande style :bowdown:

one of the few :)

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

one of the few :)

I know, race walking is just a very, very niche event. Like Nordic combined in the winter. The bad thing about it is that it doesn't get a lot of attention, the good thing is that you often have a close group of "die hard" fans :p 

I mean, I don't care if Toth or Dunfee or Tallent are participating or not, I would put my alarm any time of the night to wake up for a 50k :d 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

mean, I don't care if Toth or Dunfee or Tallent are participating or not, I would put my alarm any time of the night to wake up for a 50k :d

and you will always have at least one chum from Slovakia in this forum to watch it with you ;)