Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko

Panarin - Malkin - Kulemin

Namestnikov - Shipachyov - Kucherov

Telegin - Anisimov - Dadonov

Orlov - Zaitsev

Markov - Emelin

Kulikov - Marchenko

Bobrovsky (Varlamov)

Scratched:  Netserov, Vasilevskiy, Datsyuk (Lower Body Injury)

:FIN

Laine - Barkov - Aho

Granlund - Koivu - Teravainen

Jokinen - Filppula - Komarov

Korpikoski - Lehtera - Donskoi

Lepisto - Ristolainen

Maatta - Vatanen

Jokipakka - Pokka

Rask (Rinne)

Scratched:  Koskinen, Haula, Lindell

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Why we can't beat these guys in the World Cup, but during World Championships, Finland wins Russia almost everytime.

well, without scoring you can not win :( very disappointing display of your scoring efficiency in this tournament. only 1 goal in 3 matches this is very very bad :(

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

well, without scoring you can not win :( very disappointing display of your scoring efficiency in this tournament. only 1 goal in 3 matches this is very very bad :(

For this tournament, this is very bad. But i look foward. And i see a very bright future. Our team wasn't ready. We have 4 years (4 World Championships and 1 olympic tournament) to develop our players. Jokipakka, Laine, Aho, Puljujärvi, etc..... We have strong players coming, but those players don't have the experience to play in World Cup. I was almost expecting this. Oh well....

3 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

For this tournament, this is very bad. But i look foward. And i see a very bright future. Our team wasn't ready. We have 4 years (4 World Championships and 1 olympic tournament) to develop our players. Jokipakka, Laine, Aho, Puljujärvi, etc..... We have strong players coming, but those players don't have the experience to play in World Cup. I was almost expecting this. Oh well....

sure. no doubts about it at all :) Finland will have a very bright future.

Pitty for this world cup, FIN was my dark horse here to remain the silver of last world cup,..but well, thats sport this time it didn´t worked.

Russians win 3-0, off to semis

Young guns (unfortunately, for fans) going home

Air Canada Centre Toronto ON Canada

Russia scored two quick goals in the second period to take control of the game versus Finland

Team Russia scored two goals early in the second period to break a scoreless tie with Finland, skating to a 3-0 win and qualifying for a semi-finals showdown with Canada on Saturday night.

The win eliminates Team North America, that hybrid group of Canadians and Americans under 24 years of age (as of October 1, 2016) that has captured the hearts of fans with their wide open, skill-first style of play.

With the loss, Finland goes home with a winless record of 0-3 and being outscored 9-1, surely a disappointment for a team that won gold at the U18 and U20 last year as well as silver at the 2016 World Championship.

Sergei Bobrovsky stopped all 21 shots in goal fro Russia to record the shutout.

The scoreless first period was the result of a Finnish team that looked disinterested because it had already been eliminated and a Russian team that knew it had to win and wasn’t going to make an early mistake to jeopardize that chance.

But early in the second, Mikael Granlund ripped a shot off the post behind Sergei Bobrovsky, and that perhaps was a wakeup call. Soon after Vladimir Tarasenko and Alex Ovechkin executed a nice give-and-go from in close, Tarasenko finishing things off at 3:42 to give Russia the goal it needed.

Just 79 seconds later, they scored again. This time Leo Komarov made a bad giveaway from behind his goal, passing right onto the stick of Vadim Shipachev. He moved the puck quickly to Ivan Telegin, who deked Tuukka Rask from in tight.

Grassland had another great chance from the crease later, but Bobrovsky got his glove out to make  nice save.

Evegni Malkin, quiet so far, made it 3-0 at 3:39 of the third when he snapped a shot short side, catching Rask by surprise and more or less salting the game away.

So the semifinals are known.

On Saturday 20:00 local time  Canada vs Russia

and on Sunday 13:00 local Time  Sweden vs Team Europe

the winners will advance to the big final. Remember the final will be played on a best of 3 matches serie. 1st game next Tuesday, the second one Thursday and if necessary the decisive third match on next Saturday.