website statistics

Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 2017

heywoodu

Ireen Wüst on Dutch TV right now: "I don't know if you can see it on the camera, but I think I've got Sven Kramer's medal....look, world champion, 5000m men" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, and it's absolutely awful.

The reactions you get from people watching it are like this then:

Gold: :cheer::cheer:

Silver: :):)

Bronze: :) Cool for you but let's move on with the schedule

While in a normal order, you'd get this:

Bronze: :cheer::cheer:

Silver: :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Gold: :bowdown::cheer::cheer::cheer::bowdown:

To be honest, I get bored by medal ceremonies at big events, whatever the order is. :p

That's why for example I prefer the first few days of Athletics Worlds, because the last two days are just ceremony after ceremony. :p

#banbestmen

Wüst's medal:

C4NrQhOWQAYBbZ2.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

To be honest, I get bored by medal ceremonies at big events, whatever the order is. :p

That's why for example I prefer the first few days of Athletics Worlds, because the last two days are just ceremony after ceremony. :p

I like them as long as they do it in the right order and, just as important, shortly after the event so you can still have the athletes with their emotions and being tired and everything instead of many hours later. 

6:21.78 for Andrea Giovannini....for the second time this season...that's 0.01 slower than his personal best, ouch :p 

Let's clean up the ice and bring out the big guns, if Pedersen and Belchos and Contin are well under 6:20, this could end up being a very fast race for gold :pope:

Quite a big discussion and big deal about 'Windturbinegate', with artificial wind being created inside the hall which makes times faster :lol::facepalm: